Chapter:1.7

"Clara?" I asked for assuring as I tried to look clearly.

"How are you, clara?" Aiden asked.

"Will be better soon. What about you Mr. Famous?" Clara asked.

There was a guy standing next to Clara. Her elder brother, carlie.

"Hey Bro, what's up?" Aiden asked facing Charlie.

"Breathing. And what about u little one?"

"Same Bro. Same." Aiden replied.

After that everyone's attention came to me.

Clara walked towards me with a face full of anger and questions.

"HOW DARE YOU?" she asked and sighed.

"I - I  can explain." I said in a shaky tone.

We all sat in the station. I and aiden together told the whole story.

Clara and Charlie first looked shocked and serious. Silence prevailed among us. Soon the station started to get crowded with people.

Clara broke the silence while I and Aiden were waiting anxiously for their reply .

"Why would you two do such a risky task without me?" Clara said and tears started rolling down her face.

"we have always been together and did everything together . Then why would you leave me behind this time." Clara wanted answer.

"Because Amelie didn't want her precious friend to get more hurt. She wanted to keep you safe. She didn't want me get into this mess either but I decided to join her." Aiden replied.

I didn't know what to say. All he said was partially right.

"No. I was actually selfish. I wanted to save you, my mom and dad and those people whom I treasured dearly." those sentences came out of my mouth without me realising it.

Clara looked at me and hugged me tightly. "We do it together now. I won't have any regret dying for anyone of you . I hugged her back.

Charlie smiled. "Well then let's go. Everything is planned."

Aiden said, "Yes, let's start the journey to Cromwell Town."

Clara and I nodded.

The train started.

Clara took out a small novel, charlie put on his headphones while Aiden fell asleep again.

I closed my eyes.

I still remember the day when I first shifted to my town. I was 4 at that time.
The moment I reached my new home I saw Clara and Charlie playing in their yard.
As soon as Clara saw me she gave a bright smile as if she found something she had been searching for ages.
Since that day no one could separate us. We have been best friends ever since. She was a happy child who loved reading and her family. But  people aren't really allowed to be happy in life. Life can't ever be perfect. Can it be?
When we were 12 years old Clara and Charlie's parents went on a trip letting them stay at our house.
But unfortunately they never returned home alive.
They had a car accident. It was brutal.
It was raining that night. Police says a truck hit their car. Everything changed after that incident.
Clara became quite. She stopped smiling. The person who used to smile often would smile occasionally now.
I never ever dreamt of such a day. Aiden and I have always tried to make her smile. Her smile gave us joy. But that smile used to fade away really fast.

After their parents died Clara and Charlie were taken by their aunt whose house weren't that far. As a result we were able to attend same middle school and high school.

Clara and Charlie's aunt was a devil. I despised her more than anything else. She was a cruel and selfish person.

My parents asked Clara and Charlie to live with us but Charlie declined saying that he would soon start working and would be able to live on his own along with his little sister .

I have known Clara and Charlie for ever. They are more like family. I can understand why Clara got emotional back then.

As for Aiden we met him in a stormy day. I and Clara were coming back from  convention store buying some medicines for Charlie who was home sick. We were 8 at that time. It suddenly started raining heavily when we were on our way home. We took a shelter in an abandoned house. Which wasn't used by anyone. While standing there I heard a noise. A noise of banging. I wanted to go and look but Clara was scared. She was scared a ghost might pop up. But I still went there while Clara followed holding my hand tightly.

There we saw Aiden for the first time. He was banging at a door. He statled seeing us. He didn't say a word then I noticed a sound of cat. It got stucked inside a store room. Aiden was probably trying to open the door.
Without invitation I engaged myself helping him.
I was a strong person indeed. I used to learn all sort of fighting skills from anyone whom I found back then. Which helped me to beat up anyone I wanted . But of course I didn't. I never needed to use those skills of mine . I opened the door with some effort. The cat jumped out and went to Aiden.
Aiden didn't say much. All he said was Thank you.
Then we met him again in a mountain where I, Clara and Charlie used to play always . That day he approached us unlike the other day.
From that day all four of us started playing together everyday.

When we started high school at the age of 12.
We have always been together after our first meeting.

Aiden would share everything with us. But he hated to talk about his family. All we know is his mom died long ago when he was 6 years old and his dad works for an international company for which he has travel to different places.

Aiden used to stay with his uncle who was studying at a University here in our area. But he shifted elsewhere when Aiden was 15. Since then he has been living alone.

They might seem perfect from outside but very few people knows Clara and Aiden's past. Their hidden story.

As for me. I am the only child of my parents who have been pampered a lot. I would have lived a simple life,very simple. Unless I had met my two best friend Clara and Aiden. And also if I hadn't figured out about my dad's real job.

"It's the last stop." Charlie declared.

I tried to wake Aiden, "Wake up. We have arrived."

We all got down the train. Cornwell Town wasn't really close. It was quite far. As far as I know we have to cross the kingdom of obelia, the chalos tribes village and two more towns. Who knows there might be more .

"Here we go." I announced.