always and forever

here's a picture of your author lmao^^^

Y/n's pov:-

"are you feeling better today, sunshine?", I asked Millie as I walked into the hospital room. She smiled widely from her bed. Its been 3 days since the incident. We were still in Bali.

"oh come here, I haven't kissed you in like weeks", she said and spread her arms for me. I walked over to her like a child and wrapped my arms around her.

Oh it felt good to be in her arms once more.

She shifted over and I cuddled with her on the bed, carefully handling her hurt side. I rested my head on her chest and her hands softly patted my head. Comfortable silence and your favourite person make the best pair.

"you still didn't kiss me actually", I said, looking up at her and she smiled one of those smiles that could always melt my heart.

"come here", she said and our lips met in one sweet little kiss that was so simple yet one that left me breathless.

"oh how I love you", she said.

"I love you too"

3 months later

"i understand. and it's totally fine to feel things like anxiety, pain and depression now. You've both only recently found out that you're orphans. the fact that the l/n's and Crandalls are now in jail must give you enough reassurance of safety to be able to sleep at night", our therapist, Dr. Braylon spoke. Millie nodded. This was one of those therapy sessions which we were both attending.

"it's just...we've faces everything at such a young age...it's all just...unreal", Millie said.

"yes, that's true. but look on the positive side. you're already successful and you have such loving fans. believe that everything will add up and then you'll see it will", he adviced.

"what about our haters?", I asked.

"you already know why they're hating on you. either they are jealous of your success or they want to be you. always know that you're in a higher position than them. that's the reason they're hating. pay no mind to them. your fans are more in number anyways.", he said and I nodded. Things were tough for all these months but it was slowly getting better. A gradual change, but a change.

"but sir, I've killed a man. how could I ever possibly free myself from that guilt?", Millie asked and my face fell. She was very stressed about that, these past few days.

"it was self defense Millie. I've heard the entire story and I know how a normal person's mind would work in that type of a situation. what you did was an accident. neither did you mean to do it nor did you want to. this was necessary", the therapist said and Millie sighed, nodding her head.

"thanks Dr. Braylon. we really owe you one for helping us through these dark times", Millie said. Ahh, my well mannered little lady. So cute.

"of course...wait a second-", he said.

"yes?"

"is that a promise ring on your finger y/n?", Dr. Braylon asked, looking at the ring Millie gave me. My cheeks immediately heated up.

"uhhh...that- yes. it's a promise ring", I said, glancing over at Millie who was looking at her feet trying to hide her blush.

"...wow. you two must really love each other! good. committment is good. as long as you're up for it.", Dr. Braylon said, praising us.

"oh we're ready.", Millie said.

"we've seen everything from Saturn to mars", I said, looking back at the last few months. Yes. we've seen everything. everything from romance to heartbreak and from heartbreak to almost death.

"you have. and I'm proud of you two for still not cracking under the pressure. you're the strongest couple I've ever seen.", Dr. Braylon said. My face broke into a huge smile and so did Millie's.

"well we must get going, Jayden should be here to pick us up any minute now", Millie said.

"ah yes, Jayden Smith. a young man. a good man", Dr. Braylon said and I could not disagree with any word. Jayden has been our guardian angel, our friend and almost like a father figure. Jen seemed to be very happy with him too. He was there for us the whole time.

"right. yes, you are free to go now", Dr. Braylon said to us, rising from his seat and walking us to the door.

"we'll see you later, sir.", Millie said.

"yes"

"goodday to you"

"to you too"

We walked out the door to see Jayden leaning on his car and talking to Jen.

"hello j&j", I said and handed Jayden my purse.

"ahh there's them.", Jayden said and turned around to open the door for us.

"ok kids we're getting McDonald's today", Jen said and I smiled. A lot of people started gathering around us.

"alright let's start moving", Jen said.

"mhm gotta get used to these stuff when you have famous kids.", Jayden joked.

"great, we're your kids now?", Millie laughed and said.

"there was a doubt?", Jen said and I broke out laughing. I wonder if my childhood was like this. Two wonderful parents rather than some weird murderous psychopath.

"we're here. now go click pictures with your adoring fans and we'll order for you", Jayden said and we stepped out of the car as more than a few heads turned toward us.

"I want a McSpicyyyy", I yelled to jayden as he and jen walked away to place the order.

"me tooo", Millie said. I held her hand and turned to the group of fans.

"millieee, here!"

"y/n one picture please!"

"omg is that Millie and y/n?"

I smiled. Dr. Braylon was right. Our fans are more than our haters. and it will stay that way. The love we were getting was much more valuable than the hate. Was I even worth it? I'll never know.

-

"you know...sometimes I look at you and realise how lucky I am", Millie said to me, fiddling with my promise ring.

"I have a weird feeling that I should be saying that.", I said, pulling the blankets over us.

"you deserve the world, y/n. I love you", Millie said, smiling.

"don't you do that. you know I would do anything for you. anything.", I spoke and she embraced me and closed her eyes.

"I know, love. I know. you've proved that a lot of times", Millie said. I stroked her hair subconsciously.

"mm I like it when you do that. makes me feel at home", Millie said, snuggling even closer to me.

"you are my home, Millie. to me, home is not a place...but a person who I can come back to, after a long tiring day. and you happen to be my person", I said to her, softly.

"you're mine", she said.

"mmm hmm"

"I want to ask you something y/n. if I ever ask you to replace that promise ring...", she started. wait what?

"what do you--"

"with an engagement ring, would you say yes?", she completed and I smiled. I loved having deep conversations with her. I took hold of her hands with both of mine.

"yes, sunshine. I'd always say yes. no matter what. we've been through a lot, we deserve our chance at happy. and whatever the hell happens, know that I'll be by your side. always and forever.", I said.

"always and forever", she repeated with a twinkle in her eye.