Chapter 13

Around 2 hours later you and Loki were awoken by Tony walking back into the lab.

"Right I gave you two hours, now it's my turn to do the talking"

You groaned as you were rudely awaken, you were still very tired and needed all the rest you could get so being woken up isn't the best thing for you right now.

"Oh yes please come in, wake us up why don't you" You were being sarcastic but you also came across kind of aggressive.

Loki grabbed your hand and placed it in his tracing circles around your thumb to calm you down.

"Well for starters congratulations, I am very happy for you both" Tony didn't have the time to apologise for waking you. "But Y/N I must warn you, your body is under a lot of stress so you need to be careful and get as much rest as you can"

"What do you think I was doing before you woke me!"

"Right sorry about that, but please be careful if not for you, for the baby" He reminded you.

"Yes the baby, anything to keep the baby safe right my love?" Loki tried to calm you down again.

"Right the baby, anything to keep him or her safe" You tried to calm yourself down.

The room was filled with silence for a moment as no one knew what to say, that was until Loki broke the silence.

"So metal man, how long has Y/N been pregnant for?" He asked.

"Ummmm around 3 months" Tony was hesitant at first.

"3 months?!" You couldn't believe what you were hearing.

"And we never knew" Loki laughed.

Tony gave a soft chuckle, "Well you do now" He spoke whilst putting your recent vitals into the computer system. "Get some rest!" He ordered as he walked out of the lab.

"At least we know now" Loki repeated to himself.

"Yes that's all that matters" You responded.

"Come on go back to sleep, you need rest" Loki kissed you gently on the forehead before he got out of the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"To bed, you don't expect me to sleep in here for tonight do you?"

"Oh, good night then" You shied away from him, feeling kind of annoyed at him for you leaving.

"No, you're coming with me"

Just like that Loki swept you out of the bed in the lab and carried you to your own room were you would sleep for the night. He placed you down on the bed and proceeded to cover you with blankets. Once he was finally done he placed a quick kiss on your hand and left your room.

This was of course strange of Loki as you haven't spent a night without him since you told each other about your feelings.

"Loki wait!" You called for him.

He turned around and looked at you through the door way. "Stay?" You pleaded.

He smiled at you in return, "I thought you'd never ask" he said as he walked back into your room and got into bed with you.

"So what shall we do now?" He asked.

"Read to me?"

"No, don't be silly love" He responded.

"Alright fine! Read to the baby" You tried to play the pregnancy card already.

"Babies can't even hear from inside there" He pointed out.

"You would be surprised what babies can hear from inside the womb, now get reading" You laughed.

All you really wanted was the cuddle up with Loki and fall asleep to the sound of him reading, you thought you might find it relaxing. Hearing his heartbeat as you lay on his chest and his soothing voice would defiantly make you fall asleep.

"Well if it's for that baby" He laughed back.

"Yep. Definitely the baby" You didn't sound very persuasive.

Loki grabbed a book from your book shelf and began to read to you, you had no idea what he was reading but the way he read it sounded nice, something about dragons and elves? You honestly had no idea. Pretty soon though the soothing tones of Loki's voice had you sleeping like a baby. Loki noticed you were asleep so he put the book down, turned the lamp off and closed his eyes also.

You were asleep but the movement of Loki's body manoeuvring down the bed woke you slightly causing you to hug him tighter so he wouldn't leave.

"Don't worry darling. I'm not leaving you" He whispered as he closed his eyes for the night.