As the evening passed on Ethan let himself fall a bit more into comfort.

For a brief moment he thought maybe, just maybe, everything could be this simple. They could be together and the people in their lives could all know, and no one would care. No careers could be in turmoil by the mere mention of their romantic relationship.

No politics. Just love.

Unfortunately, that's not how the world works.

Ethan was far too well-versed in cynicism to let himself fall any further than this moment. Holding hands in the darkness was all they could ever have with others around. He let the moment last, trusting her word that her friends wouldn't destroy their ephemeral happiness.

No, that was destined for them.

Once the credit scene began to roll Sienna was the first to disturb the peace.

"Come on I think it's time for bed," she sat up and tapped a dozing Elijah on the shoulder.

Sienna dared to glance over at the love-seat - doing a double take to make sure it was really, truly happening before her very eyes. There in the warm glow cascading off the television was Becca curled up against Dr. Ramsey. Ethan was cradling her against him with his right arm securely at her waist as his left held up a book. He began reading the closest literature he could find towards the end of the film when he was sure Becca was asleep and wouldn't castrate him. Neither diagnostician made an attempt to move.

"Yeah, you're probably right," Elijah agreed, lazily moving back into his chair while Sienna made sure to put the pillow back where she found it. "Night Becca, Dr. Ramsey," he called as Sienna wheeled him to their room for the next few days. 

"Goodnight, Dr. Greene. Trinh," Ethan acknowledged without breaking focus on his book.

Once the friends were safely in their room with a click of the door Ethan began to migrate, casting the book aside and reaching for the remote on Becca's armrest to shut the television off.

"No," she whined as his small motions rock her gently to disturb her slumber.

With a smirk Ethan scoffed, "You're basically asleep."

Becca grumbled back as she threw her arms over her eyes, "I don't care."

Ethan took the challenge and swiftly rose to his feet. Becca's cheek immediately met the crater in the cushion as she flopped down without her supporter.

"Hey!" her objection was partially muffled by the old paisley printed cushion. 

Ethan couldn't help but chuckle at his resident. Her legs were still awkwardly folded under herself and he'd imagine they'd at least be tingly with pins and needles by now, she still had her jeans on and her top exposed the pale skin of her midriff, and her brown locks were wildly strewn about. With a bemused shake of his head he brought the remainder of the dishes into the kitchen.

When he came back Becca hadn't moved an inch, her body still lolled to the side where he previously was sat.

In four long strides Ethan was back in front of her. Becca heard his shallow footsteps yet was too comfortable to acknowledge his presence. Suddenly the couch flew out of under her and Becca was in free fall. Before she could open her eyes taut muscle and bone made contact with her rib-cage.

Ethan had slung her over his shoulder.

"Ethan!" she hissed. Normally Becca would appreciate the delicious view of this new position however the generous amount of wine mixed with the blood rushing to her head was not working in her favor.