chapter one

My life was great, keyword there being was. That was until the untimely arrival of one Lila Rossi who came and turned my classmates, my friends and my family against me.

In the beginning, it was small things, things that were barely noticeable unless you were looking for them. Those were better times. Everyone was friends with the both of us not wanting to choose sides.

Soon however, Rossi started lying about me & painting me as this bad guy. No one wanted to believe it but they gave in after finding incriminating "evidence." She had undoubtedly manipulated herself to the top, with an overwhelming amount of ease.

Now I have jack shit. No friends or family to speak of.

I mean, no one cared enough to believe me let alone stand up for me and Lila's even managing to ruin my previously relaxing home life too. I hated school and my home, if I could even call it that any more.

"Good morning Tikki."

"Wow, Marinette you're up so early don't you want to sleep in a bit?" Asked Tikki visibly frowning looking Marinette up and down.

"Tikki, there's nothing I want more... but, life fucking hates me." I sighed and reluctantly changing.

I did my normal training which is a 10 mile run followed by going to the gym, there I destroy a few punching bags, do some push-ups, sit-ups and finish up with combat training. Fuck, I huffed, breathing heavily.

-

In my newly found spare time without friends (yay me), I deciphered part of the grimoire that Master Fu left behind. With the book I was able to find new power ups, a way to change my costume and even change the miracle box's form to bring with me.

In the beginning, before I could change the box's form I always had to find creative ways to hide it (my mom would always go through my things 'worried' about me or something like that).

To say my life's changed drastically would be an understatement. As I was heading to school I was tripped by a few people and glared at a lot and I mean, a lot.

Then came the insults. Over all, very boring insults which just serve to make my high school life way more "exciting."

When I got into class Mrs. Bustier was ecstatic, God knows why though.

"Our class has been granted the opportunity to take a tour of Wayne Enterprise and a one week stay at there hotel while temporarily attending Gotham Academy to see and experience what it is like there.

Make sure to bring in your slips signed by your parents tomorrow."

Nevermind.

Normally I feel insanely bored but now I was slightly scared, no, that wasn't the right word. It was more like, anticipation. What were these people thinking?

When I went home I asked my parents and they wanted to get rid of me and fast so they signed it without hesitation.

I was for real going to the city of crime but they couldn't care less about me. What has my life come to? I thought as I sighed and flopped onto my bed next to Tikki who giggled at me.

-

I had just finished my homework but I had to work on a commission. Not having friends and doing favours for them gave me a lot of time for myself.

With that time I had nothing to do so I worked nonstop. I never slept because of nightmares and coffee was my new best friend and obsession.

In my spare time I made a clothing business but of course I had to conceal my identity or Lie-la would come in the picture.

She really has no life, I groaned and felt like banging my head on a wall, repeatedly until I saw blood.

I named myself MDC (how no one has figured out my identity by now is a miracle) and made myself a company, a one man company.

And of course, I decipher more and more of the grimoire everyday.

-

It was the morning and I did what I do every other day.

However, today was different. Chloe my 'self proclaimed arch nemesis' came to ask for forgiveness. But, at that point, I was way past forgiveness.

She had helped Hawkmoth, endangered innocent people and bullied me for years and expects forgiveness? Is she delusional? That was a rhetorical question. She's definitely delusional.

Instead of talking to her, I went right passed her and said nothing. She really, really wasn't worth the breath.

I went straight to class and gave Mrs. Bustier my slip then as usual Lie-la and Alya tripped me. Ouch.

Just kidding, they have the subtlety of a two year old.

-

Anyhow, after class, I saw Adrien. To say I was surprised would be a gross understatement, I was shocked when the spineless coward started talking.

"You should take the highroad, forget about Lie-la.

Don't let it bother you, be the better person here.

The better person that I know that you are.

You don't want to cause more trouble for Ladybug anyway, do you?"

If only he knew.

I said nothing I just walked away. I didn't even look at him. The whole thing was rather depressing after all and I didn't want to have to deal with the emotional turmoil.

"Come back!" he whispered.

But I didn't even acknowledge him I just went to my next lesson.

-

After school had finished I packed everything that I needed for the trip. My katanas, swords, guns and knives the whole lot and all the other essentials.

I again, didn't sleep all night (God, why am I not six feet under yet?) and worked on commissions and someone called Tim Drake and Dick Grayson ordered two suits for the upcoming Wayne Gala.

Once I finished them it was morning and I came extra early to class just for Lie-la and the class so they wouldn't 'forget' and leave without me.

When I got to class I was right when they where about to leave. Yet, I remained silent.

We got to the airport and boarded our flight. Once we landed we went by bus to the hotel to drop of our stuff and go see Wayne Enterprises.