𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓

𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 sound of birds chirping outside, you looked at Petra, but she was still sound asleep

𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 sound of birds chirping outside, you looked at Petra, but she was still sound asleep. You quietly got up, making sure you don't make any noise and crept to the bathroom. Quickly brushing your teeth, you got changed into uniform, slipping those gloves on. Luckily, no one was awake or awakened. You went downstairs and saw a silhouette of a person. You immediately assumed it was Levi. 

"Good morning Y/n." He said, looking half awake.
"Good morning Levi." You replied, kind of shocked that Levi decided to greet you.
"Why are you up so early?" Levi asked.
"I could ask the same for you." You responded, not thinking about your answer.

Although you yourself also did not know how and why your up so early.

"Tch. Do you remember the plan for today right?" He squinted his eyes and glared at you.
"Yes sir. Why would I dare to forget." You replied, rolling your eyes.
"Good, we will need to explain to the team." He told you.
"We?" You asked, clearly you don't want to explain.
"Yeah that's why I told you early." He replied, rolling his eyes.

You two start to hear noises from upstairs. It must be your teammates waking up now. Soon after the noises Petra came downstairs. You were relieved because the conversation would have gotten much too awkward to continue. She saluted the Levi while saying 'good morning'. The she gestured you to follow her, so you did, following her back into your room.

"So, what did you and him talk about?" She asked.
"Nothing." You said.
"Come on you can tell me! Ooh did he confess his undying love for you~" She teased.

Women, please why would he like me? I literally just met him. You thought.

"Yeah more like I confessed my undying hate for him."

"He's heartbroken." She shrugged.

You two went back downstairs to get ready for breakfast. As you went down, you saw the rest of the team, ready at the table.

"What took you guys so long?" Oluo asked, nosy as ever.
"Sorry we had to do something." Petra replied.

You two took a seat and there was tea in front of you two already, you carefully picked up the cup and took a small sip.

"I have informed where we will be going today, now this is our plan, so listen carefully." Levi announced.

After explaining, you all finished your tea and got your horses ready. Everyone got onto their horses, setting off.

You guys finally arrived back. Everywhere you look, only ruins came to sight. You heard that Titans invaded Shiganshina and Wall Maria. You look at the devastating sight, homes of innocents tumbling right before your eyes. You felt guilty. You felt guilty that you weren't able to protect the lives, some corpse laid visible to eye, blood sputtered everywhere. The sweet stench of rottening bodies permeated through the air. You kneel down and examined a corpse. Bright blood, liquid, the attack was definetely not that long ago. As you guys got to Wall Rose, there was a huge crowd, their gazes had fear and anger written all across. You remained a expressionless face, unlike your teammates, who had shocked face, agony sewn all over. You couldn't afford time to mourn over the past, the future is what is important, and you knew this more than anyone. 

You rode to the stables and tied your horses, then walked towards where the trial will be held. Hange stood there, waving dramatically to be seen from a distance.

"Hello cadets!" Hange said cheerfully. "Y/NNNN!! HOW ARE YOU?! Oh my gosh, how long has it been since we seen each other? I'm not sure! Too long for me to remember."
"Hange! I miss you, holy shit you still have so much energy as always huh?" You chuckled.
"Definitely! Anyways thank you guys for coming today." She said, turning to the others, going back to the subject.

You all walked inside to the trial room. You followed Hange into the dungeon to get Eren. You saw Eren sitting on the bed, hands were cuffed. He looked up, blazing green eyes that were burning with confusion.

"Hello Eren, my name is Captain Hange, today we I'll be having a trial so that you can join the Survey Corps, what do you say?" Captain Hange asked.
"Really? I can get out?" He asked.
"Yes, only if you corporate with us." Hange said.
"I will!" He replied, it seems that he was desperate to get away from the dungeon.

You unlocked the door and went inside to unlock the hand cuffs, putting on the new hand cuffs and led him out.

"My name is Y/n." You said.
"Nice to meet you, Y/N." Eren said.

His eyes fell onto your gloved hands. You didn't say anything and nor did he. You and Hange led him to the trial room and left to our assigned area.

The beating was certainly convincing. That was all you could say about Levi's "acting skills".

"Does it hurt?" Hange asked.
"A little." Eren replied.
"Where does it pain?" Hange asked.

Before Eren could answer Erwin started speaking.

"Sorry about that. But as a result we got you for ourselves." Erwin said. "We were able to play our trump cards at the most effective moments. Your pain was worth our gain."

Erwin walked towards Eren and kneeled down. He held his hand out.

"Thank you. I look forward to working with you, Eren." Erwin said.
"Yes sir!" Eren said while shaking Erwin's hand.

Then suddenly Eren jumped from shock as Levi suddenly sat down next to home on the couch.

"Say Eren, do you hate me?" Levi asked.
"No, I understand it was necessary." Eren replied.
"Glad to hear that." Levi said.
"You could have at least held back a little. You even broke his tooth. Look." Hange said as she unwrapped the cloth that covered Eren's tooth.
"Don't pick that up. It disgusting." Levi commented.
"It's an important sample for me." Hange said.

Hange asked to look inside Eren's mouth. He hesitated a little and opened his mouth. Suddenly, Hange made a shocked and surprised face before saying:

"His tooth...already grew back."