Rune snorted. "At least they came today."

Aran grinned at them as he ran straight to Draco. "I did everything you said! The codes were amazing!"

"W-w-what?" Erica asked in bewilderment. Then she shook her head. "You won't even leave the poor boy, Draco?"

Draco had an innocent face. "He had a talent in computers. I just had to nurture it." He popped a cherry in his mouth. "What are you doing here?"

Erica opened her can of root beer. "I had to get a break. Eight-year-old daughter is a handful. I left her with my parents. I was searching where to go when Rune sent a message to Zeke about Aran's ceremony. Guess who jumped?"

Allen, who was lying on his mate's lap, opened his eyes. "You could have gone to West Coven. Why come here?"

Zeke gave him a blank look. "Don't go out and say that you are the Omicron of Summer Coven. Which Omicron will tell people not to come?"

"Me?" Allen said. "Look. I told you guys how I got stuck with this title."

"Can't you just find someone to pass it on?" Lawan asked, peeling a tangerine.

It was a perfect summer day, with the sweet heat and cool breeze. Had the dried grass here was not cleaned, then the surrounding would be a blinding yellowish gold.

"As if." Allen sat up straight. "You think I did not try that? The title was still stuck with me."

"Why not find someone to challenge you?" Kyril asked, playing with a strand of Lawan's hair.

Allen scowled. "No one can win me."

"Don't brag," Zeke snorted. When Allen had that placid look, he blinked. "Don't tell me-"

"Riley once challenged me," Allen said. "He lost."

Erica coughed violently. "Dude, what kind of drugs are you on?"

Draco said, "He has Kamaria's blessing."

"That must be one powerful blessing," Lawan muttered.

"That it is," Allen's mate said.

It took Rune at least a couple of years to come to terms with Allen's mate. When he first saw who it was, he flew into a rage. He kept on muttering about how he lost one sister and that he was not willing to lose another. She took a lot of time to convince Rune that she was not Mali and neither was Allen Dave.

"How's Riley?" Nox asked Erica.

Erica shrugged. "Though we share the lands, we don't come in contact as much as we did in the past. In fact, after Mina, Silver, and Aiko left, I barely saw anyone from the coven. But from what I heard, Mali is having a tough time. I find it hard to grow a little girl. She got one rebellious adolescent boy. A tough nut."

Lawan then cleared her throat and asked Allen. "Why didn't Aiko come?"

He twisted his face. "She said she might come next month. Apparently, she is living her dream, and we were not supposed to interfere.,."

"Does she even knows that we are meeting today?" Draco asked.

Allen nodded. "She does."

"Her mates are important?" Rune asked. "Than us?"

Aran gave his father a weird look. "You told me a thousand times that even I am not as important as dad is to you. You are commenting?"

Taurus coughed. Children were precious. Very precious. Especially at times like this when they gave their parents away.