Chapter 28 • Fight

Start from the beginning

Not wanting to go to the cafeteria yet I just walk around the halls as they clear out.

I don't like not knowing things so it's only natural I don't like how I don't know what those photos mean. I don't like how I don't know how serious I need to take them or if it'll  just clear up soon and nothing bad will happen because of it.

My feet stop walking as a loud bang sounds throughout the halls followed by yelling. I stand there as I watch the few students still in the halls walk towards the sound that's most likely a fight. I walk slowly around the corner and towards the group of people standing in a circle around two people fighting.

I pause at the back of the crowd standing on my top toes trying to see over or around people. A small area opens up and I'm able to squeeze my way through until I'm only behind a few people. My body freezes as my eyes connect with the two people who's fighting.

Aaron's first repeatedly slams into some guy who I don't knows face, he's wearing a football lettermen jacket. As I'm able to see some of his I recognize him as one of the guys Antonio and Emilio sit with.

My eyes watch as Aaron's bloody fist doesn't stop in its attack. I can't tell if the blood on his hand is from the guys face or if it's his own blood.

I try to get my eyes to look away but I can't I'm stuck in place taking in the blood on the face of the guy who's barely conscious.

"What the hell are you doing!" My eyes widen as Antonio grabs him by the arms and pulls him back. Aaron doesn't stop now using his feet, whatever this guy did must have been horrible if he's reacting like this.

Everyone watches as Aaron turns around to whisper something to Antonio and Emilio, who I'm just now noticing is here. The crowd starts stepping away expecting the fight to be over as more guys in lettermen jackets rush towards they're friend going in and out of consciousness.

I hold my breath as Antonio scams the crowd but because of my short height hidden behind people he wasn't able to see me. I noticed how his eye twitches when he see more of the guys in lettermen jackets before walking over towards them. When they notice they look around towards each other with and expression on they're faces I'm all to familiar with.

Fear.

"So care to elaborate on what your discussion was about that lead to poor Adam here getting beat up?" Everyone holds they're breath as they can easily detect the sarcasm in his tone. I shuffle back and forth on my feet as I anxiously wait for what's gonna happen.

When none of them move to speak Aaron makes the move for them.

"Yeah, I mean you so easily said it to me why won't you say it to Antonio? Oh I get it don't want him to know what you actually think of his sister?" My feet stop as my heart beats out of my chest.

"Look Toni you know we didn't mean it like that, we were just messing around you know?" One of the football players holds his arms put in a sign of mercy that I know won't be granted by my brother.

Hearing a laugh escape Toni's mouth I inch my way closer to hear what he says. "Just messing around yeah, about what? What were you messing around with while talking about my fourteen year old little sister." His smile dropped as he finished his sentence.

A different guy steps forward this time and I almost feel sorry for what he's about to deal with. "W-we were ju-just saying how pret-pretty she is." His voice shakes along with his hands as he talks.