The Last Delta #3

The last few hours have been hectic to say the least. Gwen been taken from her home in the Rockies, and ushered onto to a helicarrier. When she asked why, she was told that the tesseract had been stolen by and otherworldly being, and that she was needed to help find, and retrieve it.

What she wasn't told, was that she would be working with Bruce Banner to find it. Or the fact that she would have help retrieving it with Natasha, and the recently revived Steve Rogers. She knew Natasha from working with SHIELD, and knew about Banner from his research. Steve however, it felt like reuniting with family. Even if you haven't met said family members.

She hadn't met him in person yet, but with the tales her mom told her, she felt like she had. She only hoped that she would make a good impression.

-

"We need to access any and every camera we can. Once we do, employ any facial recognition programs you have."

"On it, ma'am."

Turning from the agent, Gwen was greeted with the sight of Fury talking to Banner, Romanoff, and Steve Rogers. She excused  herself, and walked over.

"Gentlemen, may I introduce you to one of our best and brightest agents around."

"Don't let him fool you. The best and bright and brigthest was mother when she served. It's a pleasure to meet you, gentlemen. If you need anything, whether it's information, or even a quick drink. Just ask me nicely, and I'll get it for you."

After Bruce was escourted to his lab by Natasha, Gwen took the oppurtunity to introduce herself to Steve.

"Agent Guinevere Carter. You call me Gwen though. most people do." She explained, shaking his hand.

"Carter? Any relation to Peggy Carter, perhaps?" Steve asked, hopeful to have any tie to the woman he cared for.

"Indeed there is. She took me in when I was younger, and raised me as her own. She's the best mom anyone could ask for."