Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅴ︎

Start from the beginning

Senjuro blinked a bit at Y/n's gentle voice, he calmed a bit, "From my Nii-san? I already know about what happened... Uhm... Is Tanjiro-san okay? You... You both look really pale, tired even..."

"STOP!! You've just come to tell us useless crap anyway!!" A loud voice shouted.

Y/n cringed slightly at the smell of alcohol hitting his nose. His and the other two male's gaze went over to the front door. There, was a man, who also looked like Rengoku, with a messy kimono and alcohol in his hand.

The man, who Y/n guessed was Shinjuro, scowled at Tanjiro and Y/n, "It's because he became a swordsman despite having no great talent! That's why he died!! Pathetic... Kyojuro's just a fool of a son!!"

Y/n could feel veins popping out of his head after what Shinjuro had said about Kyojuro. He stepped in front of Senjuro, shielding the old man from his youngest, and now only, son.

Tanjiro, getting the idea from Y/n's body movement, stood in front of both Y/n and Senjuro. He looked at Shinjuro in slight disbelief of what he had said.

Senjuro looked at Y/n and Tanjiro with slightly widened eyes. He now had two walls protecting him, he actually felt safe for once, it was refreshing to him.

"People's powers are decided upon the moment they are born," Shinjuro continued, "A small fraction of people have talent, the rest are just riffraff. Garbage without any value!! Kyojuro was like that, lacking in any great talent! Of course he was going to die!!"

Y/n's eyes slightly sharpened, he bit the inside of his cheeks to prevent himself from talking back to Shinjuro, 'Be respectful, be respectful...'

Sabito had came out of the spirit world to talk to Y/n, but he came out at the wrong time. Now he was here, holding Y/n back and covering his mouth to prevent Y/n for talking his mind.

"Don't talk, Y/n, you'll only get in more trouble," Sabito warned, but he did wanted the old man to be dissed by Y/n.

Y/n barely even nodded to Sabito, slightly holding his breathe so that he wouldn't talk.

"SENJURO!! The funeral's over!! How long are you going to make that pathetic expression!!" Shinjuro shouted.

Sabito's forehead popped with veins, he immediately let go of Y/n and hovered next to him, "I will not hold you back if he abuses a child."

"How does it feel to reflect your insecurities onto your own sons?" Y/n questioned out loud with a head cock, his voice completely monotoned.

The three males looked at Y/n in shock of what he had said. Y/n's eyes were slightly widen while small veins were visible on his head, clearing showing that he was pissed.

"Excuse me?" Shinjuro asked darkly.

"Y-Y/n-san, please don't, it's okay..." Senjuro whispered quietly.

Y/n just stopped Senjuro from getting in front of him, he continued to stare down at the older male, "You think that you yourself is useless of talents, that is why you quit being a slayer right? How unfortunate, really, you seem to be very strong with your aura."

Shinjuro pointed at Y/n, "You better watch your mouth, boy. I am your higher up, you better respect me. Kyojuro was nothing but a useless child with an impossible dream, he was always destined to die."

"Hey..." Tanjiro finally spoke up, "That's a really cruel way to phrase that. Please, stop talking... that way. And please respect me and my part— my friend if you want respect back."

Senjuro looked at both Y/n and Tanjiro with slight gratitude, "Tanjiro-san... Y/n-san..." He breathed out.

Shinjuro glared at Y/n than at Tanjiro, "What's up with you? Get the hell out! Don't step into my threshold..."