Ⅹ︎Ⅹ︎Ⅻ︎

Start from the beginning

Rengoku moved a bit to the side to show Y/n and Tanjiro, "This boy isn't weak, so don't insult him. Y/n doesn't belong to anyone, unless he chooses, so don't label him. I'll say it over and over again. You and Y/n and me have different moral values. No matter what kind of motivation I may have, I will not become a demon. For mine and Y/n's sake."

Y/n stared at Rengoku in appreciation, "Kyo..."

Rengoku looked back at Y/n and gave him a small smile, "I do not want to force you in any relationship. I want you to choose who you want to love, and not for the sake of others."

Y/n's eyes shined as small tears pricked his eyes.

Akaza glared at Rengoku in jealousy, how dare he try to take mate all for himself, this was unacceptable. He glanced to Y/n and narrowed his eyes.

"I see..." Akaza said as got into a fighting stance, "Technique Deployment, Destructive Kill: Compass Needle."

Y/n and Rengoku whipped their heads towards Akaza. Y/n narrowed his eyes and felt the coldness from Yoriichi start to nip at him, nagging for him to let Yoriichi help.

"If you won't become a demon, then I'll kill you Kyojuro! And I'll take the mate by force!!" Akaza shouted and lowered his stance, ready to leap at the two males.

"Yoriichi," Y/n whispered and a fire mark appeared on his forehead and turned his eye into a deep red color.

Rengoku and Y/n lowered their stance and readied their blades.

"Flame Breathing, First Form: Sea of Fire."

"Cloud Breathing, Seventh Form: Mystic Clouds."

Fire and clouds - turning into smoke - rushed towards Akaza as he leaped towards the two males. Y/n had turned into a cloud and rushed behind Akaza as Rengoku rushed forewords.

Smoke and fire clashed together as they tried and sliced Akaza as much as they could. Akaza however blocked off all attacks by either pushing the slayer or blocking with his forearm.

The fighting was a fast pace. No one with the normal human eye could keep up with the fight, not even Tanjiro. Tanjiro laid helplessly on the ground in shock of the speed his friends and the demon were going at.

Y/n let out a puff of air as he tried to slice Akaza's legs off. Akaza unfortunately dodged by jumping up high in the air. He looked down at Rengoku and Y/n as Y/n gritted his teeth.

"Of all the pillars I killed up to now, none of them were of flames!!" Akaza claimed, "And none of them ever agreed to my invitation! Why is that?! As someone who trained in the same martial arts, I find them hard to understand! And they say that only those who were chosen can become demons!!"

Y/n had puffs of smoke surrounding him. He gritted his teeth at this, he always hated pollution and smoke. It makes his clouds harder to make or too easy to make, making it harder for Y/n to control them.

Akaza continued, "Someone with wonderful talents is going to have an unsightly decline! This is unbearable!! Just die Kyojuro, and let me take the mate while you're young and strong!!"

"Destructive Kill: Void Style."

Y/n jumped in front of Rengoku and raised his blade in a defensive matter, "Third Form: Multiple Altostratus."

Y/n sent slashed of clouds towards Akaza's attacks. They both cancelled each other out making a strong wind hit Rengoku and Y/n. The wind made Y/n stumble a bit but held his ground.

As Akaza landed on the ground, both Y/n and Rengoku locked eyes with his figure. Y/n used his blade to push him to a steady standing stance as Rengoku ran towards Akaza first.

Akaza barely had time to react as Rengoku appeared in front of him and aimed his blade towards his neck. Akaza quickly leaped behind Rengoku and readied his attack, however Y/n appeared behind him and raised his blade.

Akaza noticed the storm clouds on Y/n's blade and his eyes widened. If Y/n's attack can cancel out his attacks, this must be his strongest form, one that could cut him easily.

Akaza didn't waste any time and back fisted Y/n towards the chest. Y/n noticed this and changed the angle of his blade, blocking Akaza from harming him. He gritted his teeth as the blade pressured on his hand, the one he was using to keep the blade from pressuring him.

Y/n was knocked away from the fight, having tumbled a bit away when Akaza back fisted him. He rolled and slid to a stop. He tried to get up but his hand was bleeding a lot. He looked up and noticed that Rengoku was the only one fighting the upper moon.

"What a wonderful speed!! Same for your wonderful sword style!!" Akaza shouted, to both Rengoku and Y/n, he than turned his attention to Rengoku, "They'll be lost Kyojuro!! Isn't that sad?!"

"No body would be if they were human!!" Rengoku yelled as fire surrounded the two fighting, "I's just natural!!"

Y/n gritted his teeth as he clutched his fist to stop the bleeding. He couldn't jump in the fight because of all the fire, it'll mess up his breathing technique. Tanjiro tried to get up so that he could help fight but Rengoku only yelled at him.

"Don't move!! IF your wounds opens it'll be fatal," Rengoku shouted at Tanjiro, "Standby!!"

"Don't mind the weaklings, Kyojuro!! Give it all you got!! Focus on me!!" Akaza called out with a bloodlust look.

More fire suddenly surrounded the two as Akaza readied his own attack. Y/n had to cover his face from the sudden wind that hit from from the attacks clashing together.

The minute the wind stopped, Y/n immediately looked up but all he saw was dust and smoke. He clutched his katana handle as his eyes sharpened to focus on the orange and blood-red aura's in the dust.

Y/n felt something bubble in his throat. He choked on whatever it was in his throat. He stumbled a bit to the ground and threw up blood. Y/n eyes widened when he saw yellow-red tipped petals in the blood.

Y/n immediately shot his head up towards the orange figure. His eyes held genuine fear and horror as he knew what the blood meant.

'The blood... Petals... Kyo... He's going to die...' Y/n thought, 'Yoriichi we have to do something!!'

Yoriichi couldn't response, he didn't know what to say because his time was running out with his ability. His coldness still lingered however.

——————✧ ◦ ✦︎ ◦ ✧——————
[A/n: Thank you to
@Undertale1757
@monkeydfrog
For the fanart]

——————✧ ◦ ✦︎ ◦ ✧——————[A/n: Thank you to@Undertale1757@monkeydfrogFor the fanart]