Painful(Jaime POV)

Start from the beginning

Pure hatred.

He seemed a little surprised to see it. Cercei too, same as Tyrion. I had never spoken out of turn, I had never done or said anything against my family.

But what was family?

Cercei was disgusting. Joffrey was a horrible King. In some aspects, even worse than the Mad King. At least Aerys Targaryen started out well, he wanted to change the world for the better, only time made him go mad, slowly chipping away at his sanity. Joffrey was always like this. 

"Right, Ser Jaime?", asked father. I let out a breath as I knew I wouldn't win.

"Sorry your Grace", I apologize and Joffrey looks me up and down. 

"You better be. Or you'll end up like all the others. With your head on the wall", threatened Joffrey. 

"Perhaps the King shall rest", proposed Tywin. "Get the King to bed, he is tired".

"I am not tired", yelled out Joffrey but he regretted raising his voice as soon as my father looked at him.

"Grand Maester, perhaps essence of nightshade", added father. 

Cercei led Joffrey out of the room, Pycelle joining soon, and Varys too. Me and Tyrion were about to leave but father stopped us.

"Not you two".

"You just send the most powerful man in Westeros to bed without his supper", said Tyrion sarcastically. I sat back down, feeling tired.

I have been tired for a long time now. Ever since I got back to King's Landing. I was supposed to feel better, feel restored, like a new man. But I just felt like cutting my throat and get it over and done with. Especially now, that there was a chance Audelia was dead.

"You are a fool if you believe he is the most powerful man", replied father.

"Ah that's a treasonous statement, Joffrey is King!", continued Tyrion sarcastically. He smiled at me but saw my expression.

"You think the crown gives you power?", asked father and I sighed loudly, as I tried not to lose control over myself.

"What is it Jaime? Spit it out. You have been moping around the castle in your glorified armour looking grim. Do you not like your new hand? Or perhaps you finally realized that you should take the position as my heir and return to casterly Rock?", asked father and I looked at him with the same hate filled look as before.

"No", I simple replied.

"Then what?", asked father.

"Who else died?", I asked carefully.

"Who are you asking about in particular?", asked father in return. I was about to answer but Tyrion interrupted.

"I wanted to know if Audelia Stark also died, Sansa will ask about her. Jaime just wanted to save me the embarrassment of admitting that I still have feelings for her", said Tyrion quickly. He knew that if father knew about my feelings for Audelia, he would not hesitate but use it against me.

"Oh really?", asked father, not completely believing Tyrion. He looked at me with a somewhat amused look in his eyes.

"Yes, now answer the bloody question", I seethed, making Tyrion turn to me with a look  warning as father sat back into his chair, looking at me with the same anger filled gaze I had learned to avoid at all costs since a young age.

"I have not received word about her yet. But I imagine if she were dead, we would have heard about her", replied father after a moment. I nodded, getting up and heading for the door.