2| Shy Shy Shy

The bullet had pierced the flesh; there was no use of regretting pulling the trigger now

The bullet had pierced the flesh; there was no use of regretting pulling the trigger now. All Seulhye could do was laugh awkwardly at her humiliating fate, pretending to not mind the offence.

She didn't need to speak out her thoughts, Jungkook clearly heard the repeatedly chanted words in her head. "I hate your friends..." She whispered merely above a breath.

"Uh..." The guy she could vividly recognize as his intellectual friend, Namjoon, started. "We're sorry for eavesdropping and on the behalf of Jung Hoseok, I'm sorry for mocking your personal life—"

"Shove your apologies up your..." The underqualified rapper, Seokjin, stopped himself from using inappropriate words when noticing her shifting glares. "I mean, I bet Jungkook doesn't even care though I don't know about Seulhye..."

It was as if her surroundings intentionally tried to tear apart her senses. She aggressively nodded her head to deny. "No, no, no, it's alright. It was just a stupid joke anyway and Jungkook certainly won't care enough." She whispered the last part, yet loud enough to get noticed while her husband remained silent. "I'll get going..." She excused herself from the situation to collect her belongings from a different room.

Only then did Jungkook notice the unfinished crust of the bread he toasted for her. It indicated that his friends had been anticipating his presence for ever since she sat down to have breakfast. It worried him because she didn't even touch the eggs he cooked for her. He sat down on the couch between his three friends. "Hey, guys..."

"You don't have to sound so depressed." Seokjin scrunched his nose at the lack of enthusiasm. "She looked kinda upset about it, do you think she'll be mad at us or something?" Everyone focused on the younger guy who didn't wanna answer that.

The day had just started and Jungkook had been complied to find the answer to the same question twice already. Did she get upset again? The mere question was enough to make Jungkook frown. "You know, it's all Hobi's fault!" Namjoon pointed his finger at the momentarily silent male. "We could've quietly laughed to ourselves but he had to confront you."

"What the—" Hoseok got on his feet to yell for justice but he was shushed down by the other two males.

This discussion had to stop so that Jungkook could gain back his lost brainpower. "No, it's not about you guys, I'm just worried—"

A voice from behind him cut him off. "Jungkook.", With a slight movement of her wrist, she called him to a little secluded place. "I have kept some money at your side of the bed, in case you guys go out." She blew a kiss at him which made him smile. At least she's not mad.

"I guess I'll just feed them the food you didn't eat." He gave her a stern glare but it merely made her laugh at his attempts. "Seriously, when you skip meals, it worries me greatly..."

"Not like I'll die, don't worry." She leaned in for a peck. She brushed her coat and wished everyone goodbye in a way that didn't make her antipathy towards the males too obvious.