Chapter I-A Lost Guardian

It's been about three thousand and nine hundred years since the curse was first put into motion, the year's the 11th Poseidon 1900 ABM and ABM means after the breaking of the blood moon. The months of the year are as followed from beginning to the end: Hekatombion, Metageitnion, Boedromion, Pyanepsion, Maimakterion, Poseidon, Gamelion, Anthesterion, Elaphebolion, Munychion, Thargelion and Skirophorion. How do these co-inside with Earth years, well the 1st of January falls in the middle of an Azurdenean year on the 20th Gamelion.
In the desert of the Azzard stood a city called Plutopia, it's full of many towns with very friendly people and in the centre stood the largest castle in the Azzard Urik'daan. The colour of the castle's a crystallised jet black with the same colour wall surrounding it and there's also a steel gate at the front of the jet black walls with a draw bridge going across a moat which spans all the way around Urik'daan on the east side of the castle the moat is filled via a lake on the other side of the outer wall to Plutopia from this lake another moat spans all the way around the outer wall on the far end of the lake is a waterfall from a river that comes from the east it is through this river and lake why Plutopia can prosper in the desert. Plutopia's the capital city of all the Azzard, so because of this all the lords of the realm meet up here to discuss amongst themselves about important issues that affect the entire realm.
      Also a Plutopian's different from other men because they are born with four arms instead of two, the true species of Azurdenea. Whilst in the city of Plutopia a man arrives with a message. The man has jet black hair which is long and tied behind his head with dead scruffy robes that were silver and he looked as though he'd been travelling for days. He carried a sword on his left hip in a sheath. He told the guards on the outer wall that he had a message for the Guardians. The Guardians are powerful and they are the most skilful warriors in the Azzard, they are the defenders of the innocent, peace and justice and they only answer to the council of lords.
      The messenger's from the city of Mallace which is just outside the desert to the northwest, the guards opened the gate for the man and he entered. He waited for several minutes until finally someone came to take him to see the Guardians. Guardians are also trained in deadly arts of combat while some Guardians have been known to have powers and or wield magic and they traveled the Azzard wearing black robes and riding black horses. The man's led through the vibrant streets of Plutopia all the way to Urik'daan where the Guardians resided, it's dark out and the messenger could feel the lovely spring breeze upon his face a blessing in this hot city.
       As the messenger approached Urik'daan, he looked upon the fortress more clearly, it's enormous he thought and it had about seven towers rising to the skies. One tower stuck out to him more clearly as it's the tallest and widest of the seven, although upon the top of it, it as a massive hole as if to be an entry point of some kind, unfortunately though its purpose and the entrance to it inside the castle as been lost to history. The messenger's stood in front of the castle and as he faced the castle' to the left and right of him were two sets of stairs and the left stairs turn right and the right stairs turn left facing the castle and finally they both turn again to meet each other into a walkway. Then a single set of stairs leads up to a bridge which goes over the moat to the inner wall around Urik'daan. The stairs are built this way as a strategic way of thinning out armies during times of war should the outer wall be breached, when the city's lost and they're pushed back to Urik'daan.
       The messenger had already entered the castle and is being led towards the throne room at the far left of Urik'daan. He's being led to a study that resides at the back of the throne room. Upon entering he's greeted by the Guardians, "what is your name son," asked one who appeared to be the Guardians leader. The man looked at the leader and began to answer in a soft tone of voice, "Damador son of Meleus. Sir," answered Damador trembling in there presence and after he explained why he had come to Plutopia he quietly waited for an answer. "Ok Damador son of Meleus, we will go to Mallace," Damador slowly begun to smile and became happy that they accepted his offer to meet the lord of Mallace, "but first we must consult the Guardian and Protector of the Azzard, go eat and sleep, we will leave at first light," said the Guardian leader.
       Damador bowed to the leader whilst not breaking eye contact with him, the leader repaid him in kind, "thank you," smiled Damador, the leader of the Guardians called in a guard from outside the dimly lit room, he asked the guard to take Damador to a room and make sure he's well fed and watered. The guards were wearing full armour with the Plutopian coat of arms upon their breast plate and that's an eagle with some sort of celery clutched between its talons.
       The name of the leader is Scarr Thesulac and there's also ten Guardians that fall under his command, they are named: Rickalas, he's his second in command, Johnkal, Niklaus, Lucyia, Ja'nel, Rosarlea, Spiros, Damo, Kelsia and Trogen. There's also one Plutopian amongst them and that's Scarr and like the Plutopians he has four arms. The Guardians entered a well lit room, books and ancient scrolls littered the shelves around the walls, there's also a desk at the far end of the room with a man sat behind it on an oak chair, he looked over to them and stood up and then he went over to greet them.
      The man as long brown hair, he wore purple robes with a long sword sheathed to his waist, he has deep blue eyes, four arms and on his neck there's what appeared to be a scar in the shape of a bite. This is called the king's private quarters, a room set aside for the king when there was one in the Azzard and now it's used by the Guardian and Protector of the Azzard. A title most graciously given to him by the last king, "father," whispered Scarr, walking over to greet him he put his arms around him, Scarr's father is named Scabies and he also did the same as they both embraced each other.
      The bond between them that's being exchanged could be seen and felt by all that are present. Scarr himself in personality tends to be lonely and never lets himself get close to anyone. In fact, there's only a few people throughout his long life's he's ever got close to and most of the time he's dark and moody, "son. What brings you here at this late hour?" asked Scabies. Scabies is a vampire and he also must live on blood to survive but that doesn't make him evil, I mean he will never attack a man in order to survive, for he only drinks the blood of animals and he can always control his thirst for blood.
      Scarr proceeded to answer his question, as he placed his hand on his father's shoulder and smiled, "we have a summons, it is from the lord of Mallace, father," answered he, Scarr has long black hair which is not very groomed, he also has hazel brown eyes a gene he clearly gets from his mother and he has two short swords strapped to either side of his waist and a scar on his right eye coming down from his eyebrow, which than went over his eye and stopped about five centre meters below it. "Do you know the purpose of this summons," asked Scabies as Rickalas turned to look him in the eye.
       Rickalas is a bit shorter than Scarr as he stood five foot nine while Scarr stood five foot ten and he also has short dark brown hair which is also well groomed, "they just want our company, that is all we know," replied Rickalas. He also has grey eyes with two short swords strapped to either side of his waist just like Scarr and all the while Scabies looked at him and he nodded in a yes motion at him with a smile. Rickalas tends to be more of an honest, caring and compassionate person he's always there when people need him no matter what wrongs they have befell him in the past.
      Scabies is a vampire like I said before, but that is only a sub-class of what I call the vampiric, "ok, you have a go," said Scabies, the Guardians turned to exit the room, then Scabies spoke again, "Scarr my son... Be careful," in fact the vampiric split of into three sub-classes and Scabies also falls into one of these classes and that's the vampire class obviously. Although Scarr isn't a vampire like his father, he falls into his own sub-class and that sub-class is named half'pyr, they can only live for one thousand years before they die.
      Scarr turned around from the door to face his father to reassure him of any doubt he may hold, "I am sure it will be fine father, but know your words are well received," he muttered. The half'pyr are half human and half vampire' also a half'pyr's born of a vampire father and a human mother although never vice versa, because when females become a vampire their wounds are no longer able to produce children and the male vampire is. The half'pyr unborn baby sadly kills the human mother during childbirth unless it's born of a half'pyr and a human. A half'pyr as all the strengths of a vampire and the only weaknesses they have is decapitation and wood through the heart, but they can't change their face to grow teeth and they also don't need to drink blood to survive. Nicknamed the faceless vampire they are basically human with the exception of their long life.
      A vampire has a few more weaknesses than the half'pyr although they don't set on fire in the sunlight at least not anymore and also crucifixes, holy water or garlic doesn't have any affect on them. The only weaknesses they have are decapitation, wood through the heart, wolf venom and fire's also a big problem for them, "good luck, all of you," said Scabies. After that the Guardians were gone and once again Scabies is alone, so he returned to sit back down at the desk, while the Guardians retired to their own rooms and went to sleep. Don't let Scabies's good nature fool your idea of what vampires are as they're not all like him, some can be evil and feed on you upon sight.
                              *****
     The next day arrived very soon which fell on the 12th Poseidon 1900 ABM and early in the morning Damador and the rest of the Guardians left Plutopia on camels heading north across the Embleton desert. It took them six hours to reach the gap of Plutopia where the stables are located and here is where they traded their camels for their horses. After they had traded their camels, they traveled north in between both the mountain lines of the gap which is blocked by a giant stone wall a two hour walk to where the wall ends and the mountain begins on both sides. The stone wall is the first line of defence to Plutopia's defences as it's the only way to get to the city because at all sides Plutopia is surrounded by miles upon miles of desert to far for any army to cross. They passed through the steel gates unhindered by the wall guard, upon passing through the gap they turned to travel northwest for one and a half hour and there's a forests on either side of them.
       The forest to the east of them is named the Murky Forest but the opposite forest to the west as no name although it did once have a name it has long since been forgotten. They rode northwest until they got to the city Medevil where they rested for the day, early the next day they set off from Medevil and traveled southwest towards Mallace for about a day. They made camp in a clearing where they spent the night and there was no conversation for the entire evening, they all just went straight to sleep as they were exhausted. When they woke up, they continued their journey, it only took them a couple of hours before they could see the city on the horizon.
        Eager to get there they began to ride faster and they eventually arrived at the city walls, Rickalas looked behind him and to his amazement they were all looking at him, he looked to his hand and noticed he was slowly vanishing. Then as if by instant in the blink of an eye he had vanished, the horses became very startled at this point because of what happened and everyone else is also in shock, but they decided not to linger because it wouldn't help him. So, they all entered the city gates, the city's surrounded by a small stone wall, there was no castle except a large house on top of a hill and the houses were made of wood and straw.
     They were cheers and greetings thrown towards the Guardians, men, women and children come out of houses filling up the streets all approaching them to welcome them to their city, they were also hanging out of windows screaming and waving to them. They have never received so much hospitality and the Guardians felt somewhat happy that they were summoned because they started to like the city and it's people. But as it saddened them, they knew they couldn't stay too long because they had to find Rickalas and they were all worried because they didn't know where to start looking.
                             ******
      It's the 14th Poseidon 1900 ABM and the Guardians are all in the throne room arguing amongst themselves about what had just happened to Rickalas as none of them had a clue of his whereabouts. The lord of Mallace is sat on his throne at the end of the room, with his lady sat beside him, the two thrones are raised upon four steps, there's also tables going from one end of the room to the other and at the front of the room's a double oak door. Five of the Guardians are sat on the steps while four of them are stood up and Scarr's on the other side of the room not speaking. They are talking to one another about locating their lost friend.
       This now is Johnkal, he's a human not even Plutopian but he's a formidable ally, he's loyal, courageous, compassionate and always watches out for the others. Scarr and Rickalas also place him in charge if they're both ever absent. Johnkal said "how did this happen. I mean, where in the Nether did he disappear to and how," he also as long black hair, he has blue eyes, he's wearing his black robes, he stands the same height as Rickalas and he carried a long sword strapped to his waist. The rest of the Guardians looked at him, but Scarr didn't he's just stood with his eyes shut and Johnkal's also one of the Guardians who's stood up.
      Kelsia with her long flowing red hair, she's kind, loving, caring, selfless and brave and she's also married to her fellow Guardian, Spiros, "I do not know Johnkal, but the question is how we are going to find him," spoke Kelsia. She started crying over the thought that they all may never see Rickalas again, so she burrowed herself into Spiros's arms, she has brown eyes and she carried a short sword that was strapped to her waist, she was one of the Guardians sat down.
       The lord of Mallace is named Eanraig, he's an old man and he's also married with three children, "I feel you all, I really do, but the girl is right, how will you find him?" the lord said, the lord has long blonde hair with a golden crown atop his head, he has green eyes and he has long white robes on and upon the chest of his robes is the Mallace coat of arms which is of a phoenix with the wings outstretched.
       Spiros, well Spiros he isn't much like the other Guardians, he gets along with them all although he would rather keep to himself and he mostly just communes with his wife, he can be seen as a dirty fighter like attacking people from behind, "we do not know, Scarr what do you think," asked Spiros, Scarr's eyes were still shut as if he were meditating, he put a finger to his lips and he spoke the word quiet, Spiros as short blond hair with brown eyes and he's also wearing his black robes, he carried a long sword that's strapped to his back and he's one of the Guardians sat down.
      Ja'nel, well Ja'nel's the quiet one out of all the women, she's always kind and polite to the others whilst she also spends the majority of her time with Johnkal as they have grown fond of each other over the years, "what is wrong with him," Ja'nel asked about Scarr. They all looked at Scarr and they noticed he's as still as a statue. Ja'nel as long brown hair with blue eyes, she carried a small sword which is strapped to her waist, she's wearing black robes and she's one of the Guardians sat down.
      Lucyia's the loud mouth out of them all but she has a massive heart and as always been there to lend an ear and a few words of advice to her fellow Guardians, "what is he doing," asked Lucyia as they were all gazing at Scarr while at the same time he didn't move a muscle. Lucyia has long blonde hair and she's a beauty like no other, she's wearing her black robes, she carried a small sword strapped to her waist, with blue eyes and she's also sat down.
      Rosarlea, well she's the one with the fiery temper, which at times she struggles to control and she has a massive burn out during times of a full moon for some strange reason and her and Niklaus are always together, "why is he acting all weird," asked Rosarlea. Rosarlea as long bright flowing red hair with brown eyes, she's wearing her black robes, she carried a bow and a quiver of arrows that are strapped to her back. She also carried a short sword upon her waist and she's also sat down while the Guardians not mentioned so far are stood up. They all looked at each other then looked back at Scarr as he opened his eyes.
        He sighed as they all distracted him from what he's trying to do, so he began to ask them to be quiet in a snappy tone of voice "I said quiet," shouted Scarr, he closed his eyes again for at least another five minutes whilst the rest of the Guardians gave him a dirty look, even the lord and lady was disgusted by his attitude. Scarr Thesulac's also a member of the family of blood who are also known as the Thesulac family, a line that goes back to the great Eldest Eden Thesulac upon thousands upon thousands of years before "I found him," Scarr shouted proudly.