Heavy is the head

Start from the beginning

"Right now we have more important matters. A five alarm fire otherwise known as Lance Hunter." Coulson said

"Is he-"

Coulson cut Kat off saying, "Captured. But if he talks, our entire operation's compromised. We'll have to burn the base and evacuate. I know and we just retiled the bathrooms."

"I trust him. He doesn't act like it but he is a half decent person." Kat said

Coulson nodded, "Even if you trust him I'm not so sure. And by the way I'm the Director my choices are my choices. You can't question them."

"I can and I always will if I don't agree with it you know that. You taught me that. Something else I know, I know when you're trying to protect me from something so tell me!"

All the agents in the corridor stopped and looked at them, Coulson looked around before he walked into his office and Kat followed him.

"They're not out there are they? Hartley, Idaho?" Kat asked, Coulson shook his head and Kat sat on an armchair, "It was that thing, wasn't it? The object?"

"It was Creel." Coulson corrected

Kat's eyes widened and said, "Phil, I need to get back out there and help May he's dangerous."

"No."

"She's my friend, I am a good goddamn field agent I can handle myself." Kat said

Coulson looked up and said, "This isn't what this is about"

"Then what is it? I can't help you if I don't know what's going on! You are hiding something from me I know you are." Kat said

Coulson sighed, "If you want to help, help Skye in the bunks to pack up Hartley and Idaho's things."

Kat scoffed as she moved to the door but she turned to the door and said, "I know you're the boss, and you have to compartmentalize everything. But it's not healthy believe me. You need to loosen up try...yoga or something."

"I tried it, but I'm not really flexible but thanks." Coulson said

"Try talking to me then you know where I am." Kat said as she walked out of the office.

. . . . . . .

"Hey, you wanna go shoot something I can take over." Kat said

Skye nodded as she stood up from the trunk on the floor, "Thanks I need it."

Just as Skye walked past her Kat grabbed her arm, "Has Coulson told you anything? He's hiding something from me and I don't like it."

Skye paused before she shook her head, "No, he hasn't told me anything."

Kat nodded as she let Skye go and she picked up the photo frame of Hartley and her sister

"Izzy's sister. Jane."

Kat span around and saw Hunter leaning on the door frame, "I thought you were captured?"

"I was. I got away, had the briefing now I'm cleared." Hunter said as he sat on the bed, "Her favourite person in the world after me of course."

"I know. Izzy told me about her." Kat said as she sat next to Hunter

Hunter nodded, "When those two got together there was a lot of laughs and bottles of wine. Izzy was good when it came to family. Which is why I'm taking this." Hunter said as he leaned over the case and picked up a necklace, "Belonged to their mum. Died of breast cancer about five years back. Jane has it now too."

Kat sighed, "That's awful"

"Yeah life can be a mean drunk that way. Never knows when to stop punching." Hunter said