"Yes!" Landyn jumped as he answered, making Maddie and I chuckled,

"Mr. Hood, you are one hundred percent certain you are ready to adopt Landyn and raise him with Ms. Walker?"

"Absolutely" I nodded,

"Well, I grant you guardianship of now, Landyn Michael Hood"

Maddie, Landyn, and I all hugged tightly as soon as we were out. That's when I noticed Maddie was crying,

"What's wrong?" I asked, wiping her eyes,

"I never thought this would happen. I never thought Landyn would have a father who truly loves him"

"He does now. I love that kid so freaking much and I absolutely am in love with you. Thank you for bringing him into my life"

****

We got back to my house and I noticed our friends' cars there. We walked inside and out to the backyard where our friends were with balloons and a cake,

"Mikey! Crys! I'm a Hood now!" Landyn ran to them,

"Yeah? Soon Mommy will be one too" Michael grinned. Maddie blushed and leaned into me,

"Congratulations man" Ashton hugged me, followed by Luke then Michael,

"Thank you for taking care of them and loving them" Michael whispered, "They deserve the world"

"I plan to give them the world" I whispered back.

"Can I change now?" Landyn whined, tugging on his dress shirt,

"Yeah come on buddy" Maddie laughed and walked inside with him.

"Calum, how you feel?" Sierra asked as we sat down while Maddie and Landyn were inside,

"I'm overjoyed. I've wanted to adopt him since I met him. I've wanted to marry Maddie since I met her. I've adopted Landyn and I love him as if he was my own blood. And I'll be marrying Maddie in February" I spoke, "I didn't think I'd be a dad or even be engaged at this point in my life and I'm so fucking happy I am"

"You're special to them Calum. I've never seen them happier" Crystal spoke as he teared up, "You don't understand how hard it was to watch what Maddie was going through. It hurt watching her and Landyn get hurt. They were at the lowest points in their lives. She met you and you turned their worlds around. I'll never be able to thank you enough for what you've done for them"

"I fucking love them. That's all there is to it" I spoke, a tear slipping out of my eye.

I'm a dad and I couldn't be happier.

-Instagram-

liked by lukehemmings and 333,213 others@calumhood: Landyn, you walked into my life just a little over a year ago

@calumhood: Landyn, you walked into my life just a little over a year ago. You have no idea how much you changed it. I'm so glad that I am able to call you my son. You are the best kid I know and I love you to the end of this world. Welcome to the Hood family Landyn!

————
-Instagram-

liked by crystalleigh and 212,211 others 👥: calumhood @maddiewalker: I can't begin to express my love and appreciation for Calum

👥: calumhood
@maddiewalker: I can't begin to express my love and appreciation for Calum. You showed my son and I what love is supposed to feel like. You accepted my son as your own and have created an inseparable bond with him. Thank you for being the father he deserves and has longed for. Thank you for being our everything.

————