"NO! ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING?" The blonde witch shouted.

Mary and Marlene came rushing out of the bathroom, one with liner in hand and the other with a sharp nail file, holding it as if it were a knife.

"What happened?"

"WHO AM I STABBING?"

Lily shook her head, "No one is being stabbed! Adie didn't know Sirius canceled his date with the Ravenclaw."

"Oh," Marlene replied as she lowered her weapon.

"Wait you didn't know?" Mary said softly.

Adelaide groaned and threw herself backward on the bed, "No one told me."

"Isn't this good news though?" Lily asked softly, "I mean, he isn't going with a date now so he's obviously putting in effort for you."

Adelaide covered her face with her hands and mumbled something the three girls couldn't understand.

"What?"

Adelaide moved her hands, "I was going to go with Remus and Peter if Sirius decided to go solo to the ball."

Mary looked confused, "What do you mean?"

"I mean I only agreed with the idea of having a date outside of my boys because Sirius was taking Amelia."

"But Fabian..." Marlene started.

Adelaide sat up, "Fabian likes me... he's made it very clear that he would like for us to be more than what we are now but I can't. I just want to be friends and it feels as if I'm leading him on by going to the ball with him."

Lily nodded her head, "I get it."

"Why not give Fabian a chance though? You've never allowed anyone to sweep you off your feet, so who's saying Fabian couldn't? It doesn't hurt to try," Mary replied gently.

"Guys don't get the opportunity to sweep me off my feet because someone already did! An impulsive dumbass with anger issues and slight narcissism came in and swept me away. Believe me, I've tried to move past that. I've tried to give other guys a shot but no matter what, I always compare them to him. I can't be with anyone else because my heart doesn't want anyone else, just him."

Mary smiled softly, "You really do love him, huh?"

Adelaide sighed, "Yeah... I really do. Sucks for me, huh?"

Marlene let out a chuckle, "Stuck pinning for a Black? Sounds like hell to me."

"You have no idea," Adelaide replied while her lips turned up into a slight smile. "Anyways, let's finish getting ready because you two," she pointed at Lily and Mary, "promised to meet your dates in the common room instead of outside the Great Hall like a bunch of weirdos and they'll be expecting you in... THREE MINUTES!!"

"NO!"

"FUCK!"

The girls started panicking, Lily's hair still needed to be done and Mary's makeup was only half-finished, neither had their dresses on.

"Okay, how about I just get one of the younger girls to go downstairs and ask the boys to meet you outside the Great Hall? Ads and I will be meeting our dates there, it only makes sense," Marlene offered in an attempt to calm down the frantic females.

"Yes, yes, that's a good idea."

"Thank Merlin, please do."

Marlene nodded her head and made her way out of the dorm while Adie added the finishing touches to Lily's hair.

"You know, if you didn't have such a problem with doing your hair the magical way, you would be ready by now," Adelaide teased as she secured the last hairpin.

"But then you wouldn't get to show off your incredible talent," Lily retorted as she made her way to the mirror and examined the finished product. "I love it, it looks great. Thank you."

"Of course, now it's your turn to help me," the blonde held up a pair of white heels and a pair of black heels, "Which ones?"

"Is that even a question? Black is your go-to," Lily replied with a smile.

"And she doesn't just mean the color," Marlene added with a wink as she entered the room.

Adelaide rolled her eyes at the brunette but chuckled nonetheless, "Has the crisis been averted?"

Marlene nodded, "I got a first-year to go tell Potter and Prewett that you will meet them outside the Great Hall."

Mary came out of the bathroom, "Is it time?"

The other three nodded in agreement before flashing one another a smirk.

"Time to get dressed ladies, we've got dates to get to."

not sure how many chapters i'll spread

the yule ball out over but here is the second part.

outfit reveals next chapter hehe

wonder how long it will take

for adelaide to give sirius another chance.

anyways...

this chapter's story recommendation is

for my remus lupin supporters.

chocolate covered strawberries [r.l.] by not-nix14

if you like my story feel free to check out my regulus and remus fics as well!

89k views are absolutely amazing and i am beyond grateful for the support i have received.

also shout out to the readers that comment regularly,

i love reading your comments, and try to reply back to all of them!

see you shortly

xxx

-sammy