Quin smiled and shook his head as Bob silently walked ahead. "Easy," he said. "You've got nothing to be afraid of I'm tellin' ya."

Danny looked back at Bob before continuing. "I went over to the house and had everything cleaned up," he said. "Can I ask, what is Bob doing here?"

"You've got nothing to worry about," Quin said. "Bob's just here to collect information. Part of this deal with Skynet. Its job is just to experience whatever and upload it when it goes back."

Danny grew a little concerned. "When will that be?" he asked.

"There's no set date," Qun answered. "It'll be a few months maybe."

"For now," John continued. "Just think of him as souped-up home security."

"For Ryka's peace of mind," Quin said, "We'll keep him outside."

"The garage." John quickly added.

Quin chuckled. "Whatever," he said. "Out of sight, out of mind."

As the group continued walking, the group passed through a set of vault-like doors into a hallway leading to an assembly room.

Danny's eyes suddenly lit up as he had an idea. He detached a set of a few keys from his buckle and handed them to John. "Do you guys have a living arrangement yet?" he asked.

John pocketed the keys. "Kate and I have our house," he replied. "Quin, Ryka, and Bob will stay with us until Quin can set himself up with at least an apartment. That's when we all say goodbye to Bob."

"Saying goodbye may not be necessary," Danny said. "Hear me out. John, how would you like to work from home and get paid time and a half?"

John cocked his eyebrow. "I love the idea," he said. "But something tells me you're just getting started."

"Oh, I am," Danny said. "Quin, I'm willing to sponsor you."

Quin and Ryka gave one another a confused look.

"What's that?" Quin asked.

Danny glanced back. "In short," he replied. "I provide you money."

Quin went wide-eyed. "That would be great," he said. "It's not for nothing though, is it? I planned on having to do some work."

John opened the next set of doors. "What's the catch," he asked. "I know you're a good guy and all, but I also know you're not doing all this outta the kindness of your heart."

Looking at John, Danny cracked a smile. "You know me too well," he said, then looking back at Quin. "I'll have a small, cozy house with an attached garage built for you right next to the company. If you ever get your driver's license, I'll even get you a car."

"Now I know you're up to something," John said. "Just come out with it already."

Danny pointed excitedly at Bob. "I already know you guys won't let me take him apart," he said. "So, I've come up with the next best idea. You let Bob provide me with exclusive intel and schematics on Skynet's technology and all that stuff I just offered you guys will be yours."

John and Quin looked at each other curiously.

"Couldn't hurt," Quin asked. "Could it?"

John shrugged. "Danny will become one rich, powerful mofo literally overnight." He replied.

"Mofo?" Quin asked.

John then realized Quin didn't know shorthand lingo. "A man," he said. "Danny will become a rich, powerful man. It's fine by me. He's a good person, plus I kinda like the idea of working from home at time and a half. Only question is what do you want to do? Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me."

Danny didn't care if he was talked about as if he wasn't there. "I'll throw in a laptop," he said. "Bob can have a direct connection to the company's intraweb and send me everything personally."

Quin looked at Ryka to read her face on what she was thinking. He knew what he thought, but wanted to see her opinion if she had any at all. It would be valuable to him, especially when she was quick to nod and give him a look that said 'What are you, stupid?'

"I'm on board," Quin said. "It's a deal as far as I'm concerned."

"Great," Danny excitedly said. "Consider everything paid for."

Several months had gone by. As promised, Danny had a house with an attached garage built on the company grounds. During that time, things had run pretty smoothly. Quin and Ryka had stayed on the couch, made bearable by the years of hardship during the war and the knowledge that they'd have their own place soon, besides, even in their reality they had a bed.

Danny swung the door open. "Home sweet home," he said, followed by Quin, Ryka, Bob, John, and Kate. Janielle and Todd rested easy in the arms of one parent or the other.

Ryka still carried her gun, hidden under a coat draped over it, but at least she'd eased up about Bob being behind her.

"It's a modular home," Danny said. "But any addition can be put in easily if you expand your family."

Quin and John explored ahead of the group a few feet.

"Fully furnished," John said. "Not bad."

"At least we won't have to worry about stuff," Quin said. "Like a sofa or fridge."

John rolled his eyes. "That's what fully furnished is." He chuckled.

Quin placed both hands in his pockets. "Oh," he said. "Why don't we check out the backyard?"

Danny pointed down the hall. "I had a small office for Bob attached to the garage," he said. "I figured he doesn't need a bed, but at least there's a chair and that laptop I was talking about. Need anything else, Bob?"

Bob looked down the hall, then at Danny. "I should be fine." He said.

"How are holding up," Danny asked. "You learning well?"

"I am grasping the concept of humor," Bob replied.

"Really," Danny said. "How so?"

Bob looked serious enough as he then said. "Initiating self-destruct in ten seconds."

Danny took a step back holding his hands out. "It's just a joke, right?" he asked.

Ryka rolled her eyes and grunted in frustration "It's not funny anymore, Bob."

Bob, unwavering, continued. "...seven, six, five, you better run, three, two, one."

Nothing happened but a chuckle from Danny.

"What's so funny?" Bob said. "I am going to kill every one of you now."

Kate sat down. "Scared the hell out of us the first time he did that," she said. "Then it was funny. Now, it's just confusing to anyone who doesn't know what he is."

Ryka walked to Bob and shook her head. "I keep telling you," she said. "You've gotta find new material."

John stood outside with Quin. The backyard was massive. The company building, as well as a lake, could be seen.

"Your yard was enough," Quin said. "I know he doesn't expect me to cut this."

"Better ask for a riding lawn mower," John laughed. "Welcome to the new world."

~~~~

Thank you for reading. The End.