"There are two doors." She whispered. "One leads directly to the room where he is, and second to the one where his father and his associates are."

"I will go to his room first." He declared. "I'm sure you won't have a problem taking down a few men."

She rapidly said, "Yes." And sighed as if in relief.

He knew she would not be able to hit him first. Whether she admitted it or not, this man meant something to her, or had meant something. Not to Azriel, for him he was someone who had tried to hurt his mate, and he was going to make him wish he had rather died.

They came upon an old door that was barely holding up due to its rusted hinges.

He heard the music before Daggerheart opened it and then it blasted down the stairs. The sudden light that flooded his eyes was harsh. There were only a few stairs that led up to another hall. This one was full of drunk people swaying to the music. As soon as they blended into the down, Daggerheart pushed him towards another corridor.

"There is only one door there." She whispered and he gave her a brief nod before turning around.

He watched her cross to the other side of the room. Many of the drunk men and a few of the drunk women flung themselves at her and she smiled back flirtatiously.

His hand reached the cold doorknob and he quickly made a rough count of the wrists he could break in one night.

The inside of the room was empty. Or so it seemed.

As Daggerheart had said, there were two doors - one that he had used and another one opened into a room where she would be right now.

Ariel heard his feet scruff before he spoke, "Did she tell you?"

The man was perhaps two inches smaller than Azriel and quiet handsome. He had his hands folded behind his back as he stood before the door.

Azriel didn't bother pulling out his sword, "About?"

"Her wings." He said.

"I know about them." Azriel said.

"Ah but do you know how she got them? The story?" His smile was the same as Daggerheart, except Azriel could not bring himself to care about it. His brain was focused on all the way he could pull out his eyes. "I do." He lied.

The man shook his head. "Where are my manners? My apologies, I'm Erasmus. Daggerheart's childhood friend."

Azriel would have flinched if that fact hadn't stroked his anger. "You take a lot of liberties for a childhood friend." He said and slowly walked towards him.

Erasmus smiled. "Well, since she couldn't get me a crown, the least that whore could do-"

Azriel grabbed his collar and landed his fist on his jaw. "Say That again." He growled.

Erasmus laughed and spat out two teeth, "I said, that bitch-"

He slammed him against a table and, as he tried to get up from the blow, put his foot on his head. He kicked him once and his eyes rolled back into his head. Lowering himself by his side, Azriel twisted a small blade between his fingers. He locked his fingers around his chin and pried it open. Blood had collected in his mouth from the broken teeth and Azriel slid the sharp edge over his tongue with ease.

A series of shudder went down Erasmus's body as he choked on his blood, tried to scream but failed. The blood poured out of his mouth and onto the carpet. Azriel calmly wiped his blade and slid it back into its place as someone thrust themselves bodily upon the locked door.