Chapter 18 - Sidharth or Deepika?

Start from the beginning

"Shahana aunty's youngest daughter. We mer her in New York but she's here now." I said, pouring some juice in my glass.

"How many children does Shahana have?" Ami thought out loud.

"5 overall. 3 daughters, 2 sons. All of them are married except Waqas, the youngest." Najma said.

"Waqas, madlab (meaning) the one that we saw?" Ami asked. I nodded.

"Hmm. Bohot achi family hai. (Very good family.)" Ami said, walking away. I glanced at Najma. Najma grinned at me. I smiled. We were both thinking the same thing. If Ami likes Hussain's family, it'd be even easier for them to agree about me and Hussain.

Later around 3:30, we were all ready with Najma in the black and red outfit Shehry had chosen for her and with me in the red dress Hussain had chosen for me. The doorbell rang and I went to get it. Rabia api was standing there holding a makeup box. Rabia api greeted me and we went upstairs to Najma's room.

"Hey! Congratulations!" Rabia api grinned, hugging Najma.

"Thank you." Najma smiled shyly. Rabia api started and I sat down on the bed, watching her.

"Rabia api, I didn't know you did makeup." I said curiously. Rabia api laughed.

"Yeah I don't seem like it, I know. But I used to be the makeup artist for Laaj Studios before, when it first started. Then I got married and haven't continued. We'll see, when Aliyah's a bit older." Rabia api smiled. I seriously love this family. Everyone was so talented and they all connect together with their talents. Khurram bhai directs wedding videos while Nosh api takes photos. Rabia api does the make up for the brides, Taimoor bhai takes care of the budgets and Waqas puts the video together. Oosh. Half an hour later, Rabia api finished up.

"Okay Najma, you're done." Rabia api put away her make up stuff. Najma looked at herself in the mirror. Rabia api had done such a great job! She made the make up simple but fabulous enough for an engagement.

"Thank you Rabia api! This looks so awesome!" Najma exclaimed.

"No problem! Zara, come here. Your turn." Rabia api called.

After I was done, Rabia api went back home. Around 6:30 all the guests started to arrive. The engagement was to be held in the backyard. The backyard wasn't like any old backyard. It had blue and purple lighting, with fountains. It was such a perfect place for an engagement. In the middle of it all was a white sofa where Shehry and Najma were to sit. Meanwhile, I was standing at the entrance with Afsa, greeting guests. It was mainly our and Shehry's relatives.

"Yaar, how long are we supposed to stand here?" Afsa asked me. I shrugged.

"When we have to take Najma to the backyard." I said.

"You look beautiful." A voice whispered into my ear. I closed my eyes and smiled. I recognised his voice straightaway which is why my ear started burning due to his hot breath and my heart started beating too fast due to his closeness. I couldn't breathe. I slowly turned to see his beautiful face grinning at me. He had shaven, and gelled his hair, styling it with a bit in the front. He had a dark blue shirt on with black trousers.

"T-thank you." I whispered.

"Do I make you speechless?" Hussain laughed, which made my heart miss a beat.

"You wish." I smirked. Hussain shook his head. Waqas and Atif were next to him.

"Chalo, theek hai. (Okay, fine then.) Since you're speechless, I'll stand here with Waqas and greet all of our guests." Hussain winked.

"I'm going to go help the aunties. Maybe their daughters are helping them as well." Atif said, rushing away. Afsa watched him walk away with a weird look on her face.