Her smell reminded him of spring. When the flowers bloom, the birds sing, and the winter winds fade away.

It was such a soothing scent, one that could lull someone into a blissful sleep and never wake up.

"Like what?"

"Best friends." She responded after some thinking. There was a certain glint in her eye that said that they were more than that, but they weren't, of course.

And it was driving her crazy.

"Right," He nodded, not knowing why he expected a different answer and chuckled softly. "Let me rephrase then. If you need a best friend with you, give me a call and I'll be there." Elenara swayed onto the balls of her feet, her hands grasping each other behind her back as she sent him a smile.

"Thanks, Steve. I'll keep that in mind."

"Anytime." He breathed out as she walked away. Steve glued his eyes onto her departing figure. His eyes shifted away and he began to walk in the opposite way when he was met with an agent.

"Captain Rogers." Richie curtly said, biting back a train of curses.

"Uh- hi . . ?" He waited for him to reply with his name. A slight frown was formed on his lips. The agents blue eyes were dark, hardened with anger, but he hid it well. Not well enough for Steve not to notice though.

"I'm Agent Rumlow, Richard will do. I'm Elenara's boyfriend." His heart sank to the pit of his stomach as he forced a smile.

"Ah, It's uh, It's nice to meet you." He held up his hand for him to shake. Richie merely glanced at it and ignored it. Steve awkwardly lowered his hand back to his side.

"Yeah, I can't help but notice you're really close with her." Steve stuttered and pointed at the direction she walked in with his thumb.

"We were good friends back in the day, y'know." He told him with a shrug, an anxious chuckle escaping his lips.

"I'm well aware," He said with a blank tone. "What I'm referring to is that you're too close. I'd like it if you respected our relationship." As far as he knew, he hasn't done anything that would intrude their relationship.

He was respectful and remained at an appropriate proximity. Other than kissing her when he woke up, he hasn't done anything bad and apparently, Richie forgave him. That's what Elenara said anyways.

If anything, Elenara would get closer with him.

Not like he minded.

"I'm just her friend." He tried to assure him, but Richie wasn't exactly buying it.

"I don't care what went on between you two back then," He snapped, his calm exterior beginning to break. "But she's my girl now and I'm politely asking you to keep your distance, Captain." Steve clenched his jaw, a sharp line accentuating it. He breathed in through his nose and softly exhaled.

"Of course."

"Thank you, If you'll excuse me." With that he took his leave. Steve clenched his fists, his knuckles becoming white and his finger nails harshly dug into his palm. He couldn't be angry. He had no reason to be. But seeing how he was towards him made his blood boil. There's no way he treated her nicely. Why was a bastard like him with someone like her?

"There's not many people that can sneak up on me," He said out loud with a smirk and tuned to her. "You've come close though." He admitted. Elenara's eyes glowed a deep turquoise as she stepped into the light.

"Damn branch got in the way, either way, you've figured I'd come."

"After. After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate." The smile that was stretched across his face was unsettling. It was like he knew something about her and was itching to tell the whole world.