chapter ten

more spice next chapter, i'm trying to write some sort of a plot haha.

~~~

when elaine awoke the next morning, the spot next to her was cold. it was early in the morning and the sun had not yet risen. elaine had got out of bed and pulled on the black athletic wear that sat in the dresser next to her bed. her hair was messy and she felt a slight discomfort in her lower region, but she ignored it as she pulled on her sneakers.

her knives were tucked away safely in the bottom drawer of the night stand next to the bed, along with her pistol that she hadn't worn the night of the party. elaine put her gun in the holster clipped onto her waist, then stuck her knives into the straps on her thighs.

she wiped the mascara out from under her eyes and fixed her hair, before pushing open the door and keeping her face straight as she walked to sharon's office. when elaine got to the door, she sucked in a deep breath and walked in, keeping her face trained into a mask of indifference and head held high.

bucky was leaned against the couch in the middle of the room with his arms crossed, while sam and sharon talked quietly next to the bar. he was wearing entirely black attire as he always did, along with a simple blue jacket that showcased his vibranium arm. zemo was sitting a good couple of feet away from bucky, staring out the tall windows overlooking madripoor.

when bucky heard the door close his eyes shot up and met elaine's. she avoided his gaze as she walked over to the chair she had sat in yesterday and plopped down on it. zemo looked over at her. "rough night?" he asked, eyes scanning over her face.

elaine's looked over to bucky for a split second, only to realize he was already watching her. his eyes were dark, and he had a knife in one of his hands which elaine hadn't noticed before.

  he was flipping the knife around with his pointer and middle finger. the blade glinted in the lights, showcasing how sharp the edge was. she caught sight of the rings on his long fingers, and she tried to suppress the blush that was leaking onto her face at the thought of his lithe fingers.

she peeled her eyes off his hands back to zemo and slowly nodded with a blank look. zemo was watching her with an expression she couldn't quite place, before he looked away.

"we should get going." sharon spoke up while looking at the watch on her wrist. "there will be bounty hunters out everywhere, we need to be quick about this." she said, looking at everyone sternly.

bucky, sam, sharon, elaine and zemo were all crammed together in a small car as sharon drove

bucky, sam, sharon, elaine and zemo were all crammed together in a small car as sharon drove. bucky sat in the front passenger seat, which happened to be pushed back leisurely as he rested against it with his arms crossed.

elaine was sitting in the middle seat in between sam and zemo, when sam sighed loudly. he went to sigh again, when elaine cut him off. "what's wrong?" she asked, annoyance clear in her tone at his obvious display of discomfort.