3: prologue :3

———————————
Isla stared out the window, watching as the street lamps flickered. Her parents had yet to come home, not to her surprise.

Though something caught her attention on the corner of the street. A little twinkle of light flashed on the curb. Perhaps a trick of the light, which is what Isla would have thought if she hadn't seen something else along with it.

There seemed to be a house cat lying under the light of one of the streetlights. Isla knew she needed to help the poor thing, it looked as though it may have been abandoned. No, she wouldn't. It is late at night, and that would be horribly dangerous and selfish.

You see, Isla has something special, a gift per say. Ever since the day that her parents found out about it she promised herself to never use it again. Ever.

Yet here she is pondering whether or not to break that promise for a supposedly useless house cat. Oh well. Isla focused on the cat picturing every detail of the spot it was in. She squeezed her eyes shut and kept her focus.

A gentle breeze lifted her hair and she peeled open her eyes to see the street lamp looming over her. At her feet was the stray which now that she's got a closer look seems to be a tabby.

The pavement grew dark as a shadow approached her from behind. Isla turned around to be faced with a grandpa. That was rude, my apologies. Isla turned around to be faced with an absolute bitch who raises children to be slaughtered and favors those who are significant to him, as though his job isn't to be kind to everyone in the school. Kidding, kidding.

Isla turned around to be faced with a rather elderly-looking man. His cloak reached his feet and his spectacles were illuminated under the dim streetlight. Something about his eyes made Isla feel slightly uncomfortable not that there was anything weird about them, they just looked a tad strange for some reason. Almost as if he were pretending to be interested in her.

The man shifted his gaze to something behind her and she immediately made a move to protect the feline that was supposed to be there when she tripped over someone else's cloak. There standing behind her was a woman, stern-faced and stiff.

Panic slowly contained Isla and she took a step to the side so she wasn't directly between the two people. Thinking of something to say at a time like this wasn't an option so the first thing that came to mind popped out of her mouth.

"If I'm about to get mugged, I'm gonna laugh really hard because you literally just saw me appear out of thin air," the two stared back at her with confused looks. "Or you didn't see it, that's ok too, I guess," Isla muttered only slightly embarrassed of her mistake.

"I see we found more than what we came for Minerva," the man spoke softly, his voice curious. "We weren't expecting such a grand greeting, but hello to you too Ms. Coven."

Why does he know her name... No seriously, her teachers - which she sees every day - just barely know her name.

The woman who Isla guessed was the Minerva that the man spoke of, was now staring at her over the tips of her thin-framed glasses.

"Well, seeing as we found who we came for let's get on with it," Minerva spoke in a stern voice. She pulled out a long and thin object from her cloak pocket.

"Ms. Amespoker, I believe it is my duty to inform you that you are invited to join us at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. My name is Albus Dumbledore, and I am the Headmaster of Hogwarts," Albus spoke carefully, trying to be persuasive I suppose. " Now, there is no easy way to put this so I'll get straight to the point, you are a witch Isla."

In response, all he got was a shrug. Not the typical reaction but it might just be from the shock.

"I know."