Chp 12-Ridiculousness

Niall's POV (Still)

Holding my aching jaw with one hand, I carefully use my other to drag myself over to a nearby tree. Such a task proves difficult as my head spins drastically, and my grip on reality is slipping. As I lay slouched against the tree bark, too weak to function right, I do the only thing I could think of doing. I call Louis.

"Hello?" his voice answers.

"Louis?" I choke out. He must hear that something's wrong because his next words are "Niall? What's wrong?"

"Um...I kind of got punched and my head hurts really bad..."

I hear his panicked voice. "What the hell!? Where are you Niall?"

"The...park."

***

Louis' POV

I shove my phone angrily in my pocket while running towards the door. The lads look at me like I've grown another head as I sprint past them in the kitchen.

"What's wrong, Lou?" Liam questions.

I reach the door and throw it open.

"Niall! He's at the park and someone punched him!" I say and sprint outside headed toward the park. The lads sprint behind me and it seems like it takes forever to reach the park, when in reality it only takes about 5 minutes.

In the park area, I turn in circles, desperately searching for a short, blonde haired lad.

"Where is he?" my voice comes out harsh as I tug on my hair.

"Over there!" Harry spots him leaned up against a tree. I run to him and collapse at his side.

"Niall!" I gasp as I see his face. A huge, swollen bruise decorates the right side of his innocent face. His eye is swollen shut but the other one flutters open at the sound of my voice.

"Lou..."

"Who the hell would do this to you?" I pant from running.

He shrugs and slouches onto my lap and I caress his face very carefully.

"What happened?" Liam crouches down next to us.

Niall's eyes glaze over with tears and fear. "Um..." he starts nervously. "Well, I met a kid named Colby and we talked for a while but then he couldn't find his dad. So we were looking and then his dad came and ripped Colby away and I said to him 'That's no way to treat a kid' and he got all defensive and...punched me," he says before breaking down. His sobs cause tears to prick my eyes, but I stay strong for Niall.

"What!?" Liam exclaims angrily and confused. I feel equally as angry and ask Niall, "Do you remember what the man looked like?"

"Um, he was big and really strong. And he had a nasty scar over his eyebrow," he whispers the last words and starts crying again.

"Shhh, it's ok. You're gonna be ok, Ni," I whisper into his ear, comforting him as my mind goes reeling. Something he said about the man doesn't sit well with me...the scar! I remember that scar from someone. Someone that sounds a lot like the one who punched Niall. Inside, I begin to freak out and grow increasingly angry. How could he? That son of a bitch...How did he find me?!? Shit, I look to Harry.

His expression mirrors mine. I whip out my phone, prepared to dial that son of a bitch's number but Harry catches me quickly. He pulls me away from Niall and whispers into my ear.

"You cannot call him. He doesn't know you have his number. And if you call him, he'll get your number and that's all he needs to find you," he practically hisses, making no room for argument.