Chapter One

In the end, the killing game was over. It was just a game, that's all it was, a stupid game. A simulation that still haunted everyone to this day. The students that had perished during the simulation were overjoyed to be reunited with the survivors, they showered them with compliments and how proud they were. Surviving the killing game was something they should be proud of.

Right?

They should be ecstatic. But that was not the case for the six ultimate students. They had to witness their friends die, they had to be the reason some were executed. Is that really something to be proud of?

Toko sat at her desk, contemplating everything. She only just realised now how much she ignored her other classmates. They probably hate her, she didn't treat them with much respect, and just followed her "master" around. The other students probably think of her as some stupid dog. How did she get to survive when all these people who were loved and cared about had to die?
It wasn't really fair... not that she would admit it.
The writer would just tell everyone that she couldn't care less if they did actually die.

Yeah, they definitely hate her.

Toko sighed and rested her head on her desk. It was covered in scratches and paper. A small pot sat at the corner, holding a mix of pens and pencils.
The girl picked up a pen and began plotting for her next romance novel. She hadn't written one in a few weeks. Too many distractions.
Way too many.

The silence was becoming overwhelming, causing Toko to massage her temples gently. She took a deep breath and continued to write.
Just as the ultimate writer finally got into focus, the door swung open.
A figure appeared in the doorway.

"Are you deaf? I said dinner is ready."

Toko glanced at her mom, who stood there with her arms folded.

"I'm n-not hungry." The purple haired teenager replied swiftly. She just wanted to return to writing her story.

"No one has seen you for days, so come downstairs and eat. You're probably starving, and it's making me look bad."

Of course.
Toko almost believed that her mother started to care about her daughter. But no, she just didn't want to look bad in front of other people. It made the writing prodigy want to laugh in her parents face.

"I'm going to go out, I'll j-just eat something at a cafe or s-something." Toko snarled.

"You're such an ungrateful brat." Her mom chuckled.

"I'm telling you now, you're not getting fed by me ever again. Now go shower, I can practically see the grease dripping off of you."

"Monokuma would've been a better parent than you." Toko muttered under her breath.

The older woman stomped out the room and slammed the door, causing a slight vibration.

The writer quickly got a shower and then left the house, leaving her dark hair out of her usual braids.
She rushed to the nearest cafe, almost regretting her decision of leaving her house. Human interaction didn't sound too good.

Toko opened the door with a trembling hand, the lack of food was starting to be put in effect.

"Hey, Toko!"

The writer cursed silently, wishing that she chose a different cafe.
She turned her head to see a small brunette boy. She  instantly recognised the optimistic teenager.
Toko slowly walked over to him, hoping the conversation wouldn't last long.

"H-hello Makoto."

Makoto was literally radiating joy, and hugged his former killing game classmate.
The writer awkwardly hugged him back since he was one of the only people she could stand.

Behind Makoto was an older woman and man sat opposite a girl who looked around Makoto's age, or maybe a little younger?

"Oh, this is my mom and dad, and this is Komaru, my sister!" The ultimate hope pointed to each family member as he introduced them.

"Hello dear, you're one of the survivors, aren't you?" The woman asked gently.

The killing game was broadcast live for everyone to see, so of course she would know.

This definitely wasn't a conversation she wanted to have right now.

"Um y-y-yes, why do you c-care?" Toko mumbled.

The older woman looked quite taken aback by the question. Her husband glared at the ultimate student, making her roll her eyes.

'They didn't actually care, so they shouldn't have brought the killing game up.' Toko thought to herself.

Makoto giggled.

"She's always like this, but don't worry, she's really nice!" He reassured his parents.

The small boy's sister stood up.

"I'm gonna go order another drink, 'kay? Hey, do you want anything?" She questioned the purple haired girl.

"You d-don't need to p-pretend to be okay with g-g-getting me something. I b-bet you t-think I'm d-d-disgusting."

Komaru grabbed Toko's hand and took her to the line of customers.

"I guess I just have to bring you with me then."