CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE

____

I guess my hunch was right.

Not totally right, but still, it was an unfortunate decision, really. The Empress blinked her eyes, staring down at me as I tried to maintain a shivering smile in my face. She then parted her lips and a depressing word escaped. "I do not allow it."

"But mama, we are required to participate." I argued, trying not to be annoying but still be persuasive. "The Imperial Family has done it every single year. The hunting event may be dangerous, but there is nothing to worry about!"

I'm just currently trying to persuade Aureus in allowing me and Klydeur to participate at the said occassion of hunting. The moment I told her about it earlier, she narrowed her eyes at me and immediately said a solid no without even asking why and how I knew about it.

And now I've been trying to persuade her or else Klydeur will be sad. He was even excited about it last time!

"The occassion isn't important to begin with." The Empress said, making me almost drop my jaw at the floor of her throne room. "If you only want to attend due to formalities, then rest assured, I will handle it."

"Ah, but mama, I really want to go!" I insisted, blinking my puppy-like eyes, pleading as if I'm begging for my life. "Klydeur and I are really interested to participate! We were even excited about it! Pleaseeee~?"

Her reaction didn't escape my observant eyes. As soon as I acted cute and continued to persuade her, she flinched as her eyebrows twitched in confusion. The Empress must be clueless to my sudden personality, but I thought she would be already used to my cute self?

Even I am embarassed! But I have to!

Aureus sighed as I continued pleading, blinking my eyes cutely like a mama's boy. "What is so fun in participating in such an exasperating event?" She asked while closing her eyes.

"It's not that tiresome at all, mama! Besides, you're just going to watch us take our hunts!" I stated, beaming a smile at her when she opened her eyes to look at me.

She then opened her eyes, but still narrowed while staring at me. "I doubt a mere 10 year old prince can hunt alone. If anything were to happen, I might become the cause of animal extinction."

I tried not to quiver at her rather malicious comment. Cause of animal extinction? Is she saying she's going to kill those innocent animals if something goes wrong!?

"Don't worry mama! Klydeur and I have our guardians, so we'll be safe. Pleaaasee? I promise I'll hunt the best animal there is!"

Not totally a promise, since I have no idea wether I'll be able to hunt one or none at all like she said. But whatever, I'll just have to do my best. And it's true that my guardian can help me as well, which will make it easier for me to participate.

"Alright."

I dramatically sighed. "Really, mama, you're so hard to—" when I realized what she just said, my eyes shot wide as I slowly glanced up to her. "—did you just say yes?"

She then narrowed her eyes at me once again, confused at my behaviour as I almost slapped my mouth shut. "Uh, I mean—thank you mama! Your the best! Ehehe."