You

"Ms. Hae Sun Shin is a nominee for two categories. She's a nominee for Best Actress in the TV division and also a Best New Actress nominee in the Movie division."

"Please, kindly follow me. Your seat is this way." The usher led her to the last row of seats where the lighting was dark, and the rest rooms were just a few meters away.

"Sesangae, they didn't have other clips to show?" Cha Chung Hwa, who was seated beside her, reacted when her acting reel from Mr. Queen was shown. Even from the TV nominees preview at the start of the program, all they included were her comedic scenes.

The Baeksang Arts Awards was the first public event that Hae Sun attended since the controversies associated with Mr

The Baeksang Arts Awards was the first public event that Hae Sun attended since the controversies associated with Mr. Queen hit the news. Negative comments have subsided and supportive articles for her have been written since then, but she was still anxious with how the event would turn out. They all knew how conservative the association was and she has settled in her heart not to expect anything. After all, of the many actors and shows that were produced in the last year, having two nominations was a recognition on its own. Everyone in the list was deserving but she didn't quite expect the subtle shade she received. It made her more thankful to her castmates who were there by her side and the warm greetings she received from colleagues whom she has previously worked with.

The short clips that included Jung Hyun made her smile too.

"I wish you were here", she said in her message during the break.

"Someday, we'll go together."

"Also, you look wonderful."

Truth be told, her anxiety was not just because of her appearance in the awards ceremony. Some of it stems from Jung Hyun's contract dispute and how news articles about its dissolution circulated yesterday. She was glad that he didn't stop giving her updates and how he's been more open to her presence in the entire process. It was unfortunate though that the BAA happened on the same day of their negotiations. Some of their colleagues suggested to pursue the lawsuit but Jung Hyun simply wanted to end it and permanently cut off his ties with them. She would've definitely stayed by his side while waiting for good news from his brother.

"Unnie, can you please drop me off at my apartment? I told my mom I won't go home tonight." Hae Sun told her manager as their van left the driveway.

"Are you okay?" Sunny asked.

"Yes, I'm okay" she smiled weakly. "I'm just tired and want to be alone for now." She reclined her seat and closed her eyes with a sigh.

***

It was almost 2 in the morning when Hae Sun arrived in her apartment's parking area. Sunny accompanied her to the elevator but she quickly bid her goodbye so the rest of her staff could take their rest too. She carefully held the skirts of her Reem Acra white dress as she walked towards her door. When she entered, she was surprised to see that the lights in her apartment were open.

"Eomma? Are you here?" she called out as she removed her shoes.

No answer.

"Appa?"

That's strange. Did they come here and forgot to close the –

A beautiful flower basket welcomed her in her living room. Suddenly, her bathroom door opened, and Jung Hyun came out of it. She stood transfixed in her position, slowly processing his presence before her. When Jung Hyun looked up, he paused at the sight of her and smiled.

Hae Sun immediately burst into tears.

"Hey, why are you crying?" He rushed to her side and enveloped her in a hug. Her sobs became louder, and he gently caressed her back as she cried. They've previously discussed how she felt about attending the event and when he watched her walk the red carpet, it broke his heart a little because her smile didn't quite meet her eyes. He held her close to him, silently absorbing her anxiety and frustrations in his embrace.

After some time, Hae Sun finally started to calm down. Jung Hyun released her from his arms and gently cupped her face. He wiped her remaining tears away.

"Why are you here?" she asked.

"To surprise you."

"But your negotiation. How—"

"My negotiation can wait. For now, I focus on you."

Hae Sun buried her head in his chest and hugged him tightly.

"You did so well tonight Hae Sun-ah. You were brave and strong, and you were so so so beautiful."

She chuckled. He chuckled.

They both pulled back and looked at each other.

"I'm proud of you."

She may not have won any awards, but Hae Sun's heart was filled with contentment. She really didn't want to be alone, but she also didn't feel comfortable answering her family's questions if she went home either. Having Jung Hyun there, with her, was the best celebration she could think of for surviving the night.

"I'm proud of you too, Jung Hyun-ah. Thank you for being here." She smiled at him, and tip toed for a quick peck on his lips.

Surprised but not disappointed, Jung Hyun adoringly caressed Hae Sun's face before lowering his head for a proper kiss. It was a kiss that he hoped would convey his comfort, devotion, and love for the one who has been his source of strength and hope in the past months. She could've walked away but she stayed, and he couldn't be more thankful for having her in his life. Passion for her burned inside him and he knew he had to express it, or he'll combust. One of his hands drifted down to her waist and he pulled her closer as he opened his mouth to deepen the kiss.

Hae Sun grabbed the back of Jung Hyun's clothes at the first touch of his tongue on hers. She was glad that their relationship was built on friendship and trust, but she won't deny that their intimacy was something that she genuinely cherished too. She gave as much as he did and soon enough, they were both breathless. Her hands have moved up to the back of his head while his were on her buttocks. They broke their kiss but their gaze on each other was still intense.

"Will you... will you help me get out of this dress?"

"You don't have to ask."

Hae Sun pulled him for another kiss and Jung Hyun carried her to the bedroom like his bride that she's meant to be.