𝟎𝟑𝟗. night falls

Depuis le début

"Dude, really?" Carlos scolded.

"What? It wasn't me, I swear," Dude exclaimed, "Okay, it was me."

"Hey. Do you know what happened here?" Carlos asked the dog as the others, but Evie, walked over to him.

"Yup. Alex showed up. He put everybody to sleep. And then he turned some of them..." Dude started to explain.

"Guys," Evie called out, "Hannah turned to stone." Everyone walked over to her.

"Alright. Everybody stays on their toes," Jay told us as the others looked at Hannah in shock.

"Look since we're here..." Uma started.

"Let's check the school," Zane finished for Uma before he, Uma, Harry, Gil and Celia started to walk towards the school.

"No," Milo shook his head which caused Zane and his group to stop and look at him, "Alex went straight for the crown, so, I think it's safe to assume that he's gonna go for Ben and his castle next. That's where we'll go," Mal, Evie, Jay, and Carlos nodded in agreement as Zane and his group walked back over to them.

"Says who?" Zane asked as he rolled his eyes.

"Says me," Milo said as he took a step towards Zane.

"Says you and that's supposed to mean something to me?" Zane asked Milo.

"Guys," Mal cuts in before they could do anything. Milo and Zane looked at Mal as she gave Milo the look that caused Milo to roll his eyes.

"To the castle," Milo ordered.

💜🐉

The group got to Ben's castle and went inside as Milo and Dude led the way through the hallways.

"Ben!" Milo called out as the group turned to the corner.

"This way," Dude called back to the group as he ran ahead of them.

"Ben could be asleep anywhere," Milo exclaimed with a huff.

"Or turned to stone," Celia added as everyone looked at her.

"Okay," Mal whispered as she put a hand over Celia's mouth.

"Ben!" Milo called out, again.

"I got a scent," Dude told us from the end of the hallway, "Very pungent cologne. Easy to track. Follow me, people."

"That's great, Dude," Jay said in relief.

"FYI, I give great cuddles, too," Dude added, causing the group to scoff.

"Really?" Gil asked in awe as the group continued down the hallway, "I never had a pet growing up. Well, except for the elk head in Dad's man cave, but that wasn't..."

"Hold up," Uma cuts in. They all stopped and looked at what she was looking at to see a long scratch on the wall and one of the paintings cut in half, "What's this?"

"Uh... any chance this was already there?" Carlos asked Milo as he pointed to the painting. Milo shook his head and looked around in shock.

"And follow me," Dude said before going down another hallway.

"Ben! Ben! Ben!" Milo called out as the group walked down the hallway before coming to a stop in front of a pair of doors. Milo opened the doors to reveal a big room with suits of armor displayed all along the walls.

Evie turned to Celia, "Stay here, okay?" Evie told Celia softly who nodded and stayed in the doorway as Evie followed the rest into the room.

"I can feel you lurking," Harry said as he felt Jay standing behind him as he touched one of the swords.