Chapter 17

Note: The story contains elements that may not be comfortable to some of the readers. It's a dark story subjected to an older audience.

The science used in this story is not factual science but is fictional.

Proof reading not done. Kindly excuse the errors.

__________________

"Here we are" Yu said when the car stopped outside of a warehouse. It has been about two hours since I was in the back seat of the car with Yu. Surprisingly, he was a fluent talker and a simple young man.

In our short ride, I got to learn about their group name: Eagle Syndicate. It was almost an appalling realisation when I learnt that 'Eagle Syndicate', the most infamous gang only next to 'Wolf Pack' was ran by Mew and the police has no clue, not even a single case against them.

"Where are we?" I asked when I saw Yu cocked his pistol. "This is our business hub". He said opening the car door.

It took me a while to trust his words but still followed after him; after all, a sheep follows the shepherd. I was doubtful about his intentions because Yu was too wise to bring a person he hardly knew to  their 'business hub' unless he had some ulterior motives. Was he suspecting something of me?

" What business do you deal with here?" I asked innocently as we walked into the abandoned warehouse.  Well, almost abandoned.

Dust in the air. The smell of sweat.  Around ten people in white working suits were operating the textile machines and packing up the finished product.

The moment they laid their eyes on us, the engine shut down, the pollution reduced and they simply stopped operating.

"Chief"  The man addressed Yu. I glanced at Yu only to be convince that, perhaps, Yu was the henchman of Mew and not his actual 'brother'. I didn't even know whether the brothers even shared the same title. If there was a list of dumbest police investigators, at this rate I could easily hold the top rank and that was something to be shameful about.  But, I was absolutely blinded about Mew and his gang's operations.

"The truck has shifted to where it needs to. We are now on the last patch". The man continued to speak looking at Yu, almost sounding terrified.

"What about the shipment from last night?"

"It's on it's way to Snake's".

Snake. It has to be a code name, right? Last night. Does it imply to the drugs they stole from the wolves? Obviously, Mr. Linwood didn't say anything about 'drugs' in the press conference. Does it mean the Eagle syndicate peddle drugs? It means, the mighty Mew can be arrested for this and he would rot in jail his entire life. This was good news but somehow, I became anxious and worried.

Suddenly, in the blink of an eye, I saw the man talking to us fall to the ground.
A ringing filled the air. We all come to a stop, glancing around us and looking from where it's coming from. The oh-so familiar shot of a gun.

Another one pierces through our heavy breathing. This time, closer. Yu' eyes widen, and he yells, "RUN!" and pushed me towards a corner.

I couldn't understand what was happening except for the red viscous liquid that was now blanketing the cemented floor. Then I realised, the man has been shot! A life was gone just like that!

Without question, panting and sweating, I ran out of the warehouse unharmed. But halfway through, I realized I shouldn't run away but be with Yu protecting any lives; that's what a policeman should do. So I hit back again.

When I reached there, there was utter chaos. As everyone was shooting and killing each other, I manage to sneak out and grab a rifle from the body that was lying close to me. I point the rifle towards the ceiling for that was where the gunshot attacking us were coming from.