Chapter 1- Citrus Dozes Off

Far in a world with two orbs, Gumdrop and Eyeball were chatting. Chomps, Billy, A and Ozzy were playing charades. Boxie and Jackie were having fun calling Magma Hand on the phone. Boxcars and Clubs were on a mission. Fuzz was delivering a message to Soot. Moreover, Earth was hearing everything going on.

As for Citrus... well, since he's a caterpillar, he didn't really partake in those activities. He normally went around eating fruit and growing segments. People didn't pay attention to him much, but he didn't mind. He had his own habits... eating more and more fruit.

However, the time eventually came when he got tired of gaining segments for a while. Thus, he just crawled over to a certain spot on the grass, lay down and stopped. "Bum oom wam oom..." he said, yawning, and starting to drop. At this point you might think the story will be boring, but all of a sudden, Fuzz flew by, carrying some fruit.

"Citrus... is that you?" asked Fuzz. "I notice we haven't really interacted all that much, so... I decided to get you some fruit. Would you like any?"

Citrus shook his head.

"Hmm... it seems you're not hungry at all, even though your stomach never gets full," Fuzz replied. "Also... I'm... sorry I called in a megaphone near you. I was calling for Boxcars, and I think that she was right underneath your head."

"Buu oom weh..." replied Citrus, forgiving Fuzz. But at that moment, Citrus' four eyes didn't feel like being open. He nodded his head, down onto the grass, and his eyes closed completely. Fuzz couldn't help but be awed at this, so he stayed by the citrus caterpillar.

Citrus: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...budubudubudubudubahzzzzzzzzzz...

Fuzz then thought to himself, "Why didn't I bother to stop by sooner?"

At that point, Gumdrop came by. "Hey, so... I've been looking for a new ball ever since that last one I got from Zo became sentient..." he said. "Since you got that ball back from the abyss... I was wondering if you could help me find a new ball?" He said that last part rather loudly.

"Hush," said Fuzz quietly. "Citrus is sleeping."

"Sorry..." said Gumdrop with a sweat. "I... guess I'm used to him snacking on fruit whenever I walk around."

"Anything becomes tiring at one point," said Eyeball quietly as xe walked by. "And it appears that noisy activities like ball are not quite suitable here."

"Well then... where would they be suitable?" asked Gumdrop. "Hm, maybe Zo knows the answer..."

"Why do you care so much about ball?" asked Fuzz. "Citrus deserves some love, he hasn't been appreciated much lately."

"I...guess you're right..."

"So... are we just going to sit here in front of Citrus and do nothing?"

Fuzz replied, "You know, when you put it that way, it sounds like a chore. So let's just say..."

"Hey everyone!" said a loud, excited voice nearby.

"Shh!!" interjected Fuzz, Gumdrop and Eyeball.

It was Boxie and Jackie. Jackie was hyped to spend some time with some of the others. But when she realized she nearly caused a premature ending to Citrus' nap, she stopped being excited.

"I'm... so sorry..." said Jackie.

Boxie replied, "I trust you'll be more careful about your surroundings from this point on..."

Citrus: zzzzzzzzzzzzzbudubudubudubudubahzzzzzzzzzz...

"Shame the rest of us aren't tired," said Gumdrop, "it'd be sweet if the rest of us dozed off and joined the caterpillar's dreams..."

"But if all of us sleep, the story won't be any interesting to the reader..." objected Jackie.

"No fourth wall breaking, sister..." said Boxie, "the author decides which stories are rated 4W."