"Ame can we talk in private?" He asked me.

"Yeah but why?"

We both got up and walked away from the table.

"This party sounds nice and all but I don't think I can make it." He whispered.

"What!?!?!?! Why!?!?!?!?"

"It's just.............I haven't been to a party in years and I won't know many countries there. Plus my reputation in the school is............not the best."

"Well you can just stick with us!!!!!!!"

"No.............I'm just afraid............everyone will judge me."

"Well just be yourself dude and show them the real you. And if they still judge you I'll defend you. You may seem intimidating on the outside but deep down you're a really nice guy. I just wish I found that out sooner..............besides I'm a little nervous myself."

"America? Nervous? What's next Canada will quit maple syrup start yelling at everyone?" Russia teased me.

"No it's just............there's gonna be a girl there that I like."

"Wait since when do you have a crush on someone?"

"For quite a while but I never told anyone because it would just start drama and I hate drama."

"Me too. It just makes me so angry!!!!" He clenched his fist out of anger. "But that's exactly why I don't want to go. I don't want any dumb rumors to start about me."

"Well don't listen to the rumors. They're dumb so that's exactly why you shouldn't listen. Plus you'll have blast!!!!!!"

"Fine I'll go. Just promise you won't say anything dumb about me."

"I promise." The tall country shook his head.

"Oh and I just remembered Belarus said she can take your stitches out in a few days. Then I can show you what I've been working on."

Oh yeah that's right Russ has a surprise for me. I couldn't wait to figure out what the surprise was.

*Timeskip to a few days later in class*

"United States of America could you please come to the front office." The loudspeaker boomed.

"WHAT!?!?!?!?" I shouted. "I DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!!!!!!!"

"Going to the office again Ame..........." The teacher mumbled.

"But I didn't-"

"Just go."

I trudged down in anger to the principals office, dumbfounded cause I literally did nothing. Ugh what's next the school is saying my pencil is too sharp and could be used as a weapon!?!?!? I got down to the office and noticed Russia was also there. Great, did someone start a dumb and totally false rumor about us?!?!?!? Was I being blackmailed. I sat down in the chair with my crippling anxiety following right behind me.

"America, I brought you down here to tell you........" The principal spoke as I bit my nails.

"I am so proud of you!!!!!!!!"

"HUH!?!?!?" I shouted.

"The past couple of weeks your grades have made a staggering improvement. And I think I know who's behind it." I looked over at Russia.

"Is this a joke?" I asked.

"I've noticed you have also made up with this young man. I'll admit I was expecting this task to be a lot harder." I didn't know whether to call that a compliment or an insult. "Also it seems Russia's grades have improved too, meaning you'll both be able to graduate."

Well then. Guess I won't be a dropout after all. I wasn't that worried but it would definitely save a lecture from my dad. A BIG lecture.

"Speaking of which your dad's on the phone." The principal handed me the phone.

"Hey son I heard the news!!!!!"

"Thanks dad."

"I say this weekend we celebrate and we all go to the frozen yogurt place as a family."

"Sweet!!!!! Question though can I bring Russia?"

"Oh sure the more the merrier!"

"You okay with that Russ"  I asked my friend.

"You guys have treated me so nicely so sure." He answered.

"Awesome!!!!!! See ya later dad!!!!!" I hung up the phone.

"Hey Ame I'm done the project. And you are ready to get your stitches out." Russia told me.

"Sweet this day keeps getting better and better!!!!!" I shouted.

*Le skip to Russia's house*

Russia opened the door to his house and I was immediately greeted by Belarus and Ukraine.

"Hey there dude!" Bel greeted me. "Ruski I see you've finally made a friend."

"Okay now where's the surprise!?!?!?" I shouted in excitement.

"Follow me." Russia replied as he led me to his room. Oh right, that dingy place. Was his room the surprise?

He opened the door and I immediately noticed the holes in the wall were sealed up and the whole room was painted bright red. On one wall was a golden symbol that looked like a hammer and some scythe crossed over each other. The line work on it was so neat it didn't even look painted. The glass on the floor was also completely gone.

"Did you..........do all of this?" I asked.

"Yeah. It was a mess in here before so I fixed it up in here. And that right there is my dad's symbol." He pointed to the hammer scythe thing. (A/N Ame doesn't know it's called a sickle)

"It's amazing Russ!!!!! Looks like a professional did it!!!!" I could tell that comment made him happy.

"I like to build stuff actually." He replied. "I just...........never had the motivation to do anything."

I also noticed there were several different sized wooden dolls on his desk and a couple of children's drawings were tacked into the wall. It looked so much better in here than it did before. I reached out to hug my best friend and wrapped my arms around his skinny body.

"This is the best surprise ever."