Chapter 3: Reasons For Escape

~ Freed's POV ~

I stand there frozen as I see Shina slowly lose consciousness as a man of the shadows swallows chokes her by the neck.

"I will be taking her. She still has some business with me she needs to take care of. I hope you understand. You see. She ran away from home 10 years ago and hasn't come back." He explained in his cruel sarcastic tone."I was real worried and continued to search for her for these 10 years."

He smirked and slowly the man who had come from within the rock had left, and everyone started moving again. "Curse Him." Master mumbles under his breath. "We must get shina back from him. This is a very special quest that I will choose who gets to go." His appearence showed this was no ordinary rescue mission." I will explain what to do for the four people that will go on this quest.

"Freed, Levi, Mirajane, and Bickslow." He caught our attention and headed towards the his office. We followed.

~ Your POV ~

I wake up in a cold, dense roon shrouded in darkness. the floor was barren while the air was dry and still. I look around to see nothing but pitch black as I sit on the floor with chains strapping my hands and body against a wall helplessly.

"Chii! How nice of you to stay a while.~" A mysterious figure walked toward me with a silent step. His figure began to shape into a tall person, but it was still had to figure out who it was. "W-Why did y-you d-do this to me? T-This is why I left you!" I fully knew who He was.

Why did you do this to me? What did I do wrong?

"Well Chii, I hope you will enjoy staying in the darkness for a while I think you had too much of the spotlight." The figure vanished almost instantly vanished after the last statement was said.

Someone please come. . . I 'm scared. . . Why did he do this to me? . . . . . Help. . .

~ Freed's POV ~
We walked into the Master's office with great discomfort. " Alright you four are to get Shina back, of course. I chose you because each of you have specific powers that can defeat the person we are going against."

He continued his explanation. " Freed, you can break the enchantments and charms this man puts. Bickslow, your "babies" are unaffected by this person's magic. Mirajane, is great for tricks and power. And Levi, You can support Freed in enchantments and other things." He said each of our roles in order.

"May I ask? How do you know so much about our enemy? Do you know him?" Mirajane said in a very serious tone. "Shina will answer that question for you. I promised her I would not tell, so you will have to ask her." All of us decided not to push further on the matter. We went to our homes to get ready for tomorrow. I couldn't sleep well.

Fairy Tail is family, right? How could I let this slip right through my fingers?

~ 3rd Person POV ~
"S-Shina. . . " Freed mumbled in his sleep. "Why. . .How. . .We're family. . ." He moved from sided to side feeling disturbed by the guilt that laid in his heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thee suspense has been driving me insane.
What has happened? Are you okay?
My mind has gone wild only thinking of you.
I just hope you are thinking of my too.

Tell me what's wrong and I will be there.
We are family. We need you to share.
To leave us alone with nothing use
I wish you would tell as what did you do!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry if Freed seems a bit out of character. I needed more suspense you know. And don't worry at the end of this fight there will be more. Just to be clear, Your character, Shina, is not "fully" in love with Freed just yet. Yet. I've seen so many updater comments that sort of tipped me off. I didn't think this story could get so much attention. I try to not leave on cliff hanger next time ok? Next chapter with come out soon, I really hope. I need to put out chapters for my other stories too. Well enough of me. I hope you enjoyed!!!