A Secret your hiding from them

Light: He doesn't know you have the shinigami eyes. You want to help your beloved in every way you can even if that means that half of your life is cut off. You made the eye deal with Ryuk in secret and told him not to tell light. That's why you were able to kill everyone in that restaurant that one time. (The "when they cry" scenerio) For most of you who are probbaly wondering "If we have the eyes why not kill L?" The reason you haven't decided to kill L yet was because if you did, Light would then find out about your secret. You just don't want him to worry.

L: You haven't told him that  you have a comfort blankie and that you couldn't sleep without it. You always wait till he's asleep to get your blankie because you will NOT fall asleep without it.

Near: Even though you make fun of him for liking toys at an older age you have a while collection of different varieties and brands of toys. You just never told him because you love taunting him about it, he always pouts it's adorable. 

Mello: You haven't told him that you actually hate chocolate. You were afraid that if he found out he would be mad at you for some reason. You only enjoy making chocolate because you find it as A relaxing hobby.