Chapter 8

"Sometimes your heart can't afford to be just friends." - Unknown

Raya's POV

"I'll drive you" I offered Zaroon. As soon as we got into my car, Zaroon looked at me askance. "What?" I chuckled. "What was that all about? You and Murad, huh?

"It's nothing, I don't even know why I did that." I sighed. "You like him?" he asked softly. "Wait, WHAT?! NOOOO! Hey! You should be the one talking. Where have you been all these days, huh? "Oh uhm, racing?" "Oh come on Zaroon, don't play that silly game with me." I said. I do know that he has his next few matches in the following month.

"Is it about Zaid?...Is he alright?" I asked. Zaid is Zaroon's little brother who's seven years old. Ever since his parent's got divorced, he had been taking care of him. "Nope , he's doing good." I gave him the still not convinced look and guess what, boy started to open up... "I'll tell you but this has to be between us, alright?" he whispered hanging his head low. Wow! I've never seen him this way. "I... I like Han..." he murmured making me gasp. Damn it! I didn't see that coming.

When I couldn't make out any words, he decided to continue. "...but I don't think she'll like me, I've been distancing myself from her, but it's not helping at all." He said nervously scratching the back of his neck. OH MY!!  "You should talk to her Zaroon, you never know, maybe she feels the same..." I said soothingly. SHE DEFINITELY FEELS THE SAME!!! Oooh this is exciting! 

"Hmm, okay...I'll try." He said looking out the window. I nod in reply and drove off. We drove in  silence and my mind drifted back to the little incident Murad and I had. While he was leaving after detention, he glanced at me and a smile crept up his face. He probably thinks I'm some weirdo now. I sighed. Why did I even do that? but I felt comfortable with him. Does he feel the same way? Ya Allah! I can't stop thinking about him... he makes me feel different and it's really weird. I chuckled.

I dropped Zaroon at his place and drove off to Hanans' to pick her up. Once I reached there, I dialed her number. "Hey Han, I'm here." I said. "Okay great wait up! I'll bring my sister." She said on the other line. I looked at the front door and saw them approaching. 

"Salam Rai!" "Salam Han and Liha!" I greeted back and pulled them in for a hug.  "Ugh! I can't breathe!!" Liha groaned. I let her go with a huge grin plastered on my face, then we got into the car and drove off to my place.

"So... I've got few movies, popcorns and some gums, oh also... PRINGLES!!" Han shrieked looking down at her backpack. "Great that'll do." My parents were on a business trip for a week, so I asked Han and Liha if they could stay over. As soon as we got out of the car , I dropped few books that I was carrying. I picked it up and OH SHIT! I found Murad staring down at me. Wait how is he here? Damn it! NEW NEIGHBOR!!! "Raya, come on already! What are you looking at?" Han asked walking towards me. "Oh isn't that your neighbor mom was talking about? Damn he looks so handsome!" "Shut up Han! He's going to hear you." I whisper yelled. "Uhh... why are you blushing? am I missing out something?" "What? No!!" I said, then slowly glanced at him and he waved. I could feel my cheeks heating up and I looked at Han already waving back at him. This girl! I sighed. "Let's go Han." I pulled her inside the house. 

I pushed her in and turned around to shut the door, only to see him looking at me amused. I shrugged and let out my breath I didn't know I was holding in.  "Explain, NOW!" Hanan said. " Ughh" I groaned and went up to my room along with Han following behind. 

-

Salam peeps! Hoping to hear your lovely thoughts;)

An update after 3 months! Please excuse our laziness:/