Chapter 7

"Some memories never leave your bones, like salt in the sea; they become part of you and you carry them." - paper wings

" - paper wings

Murad's POV

I've been thinking about her ever since she  bumped into me. When my gaze met hers, she froze. The good girl isn't that good after all, huh? I wondered how she got herself a detention. She held her backpack so tight like a little kid. Is she trying to ignore me? I chuckled. After Zaroon left, I decided to doodle on a paper. I looked out the window and back at her.  

She's really beautiful, her cheeks slightly tinted in pink. As I sketched her on the paper, suddenly it flew since I took my hands off to stretch a bit. DAMN IT!!! It went under her table, how am I supposed to get it? Ya Allah!

"Hey...hi" I said nervously. NO STOP IT MURAD! "Hey... um Raya?" I called her again. This time she turned around and I told her that my paper flew under her table. I stuttered so much to find the right words. Thank God, I hadn't completed my sketch, I sighed. Thud! She hit her head. Nooo! What have I done?! I quickly got up from my seat and helped her up. I felt really bad so I kept on apologizing. Suddenly she cupped my face and it seemed as if the whole world had stopped for a minute. Her hands were so soft and I felt special like I was important to her or something. That moment I felt that this was right, I want this closeness, I want her..."Hey... hey I'm okay, don't blame yourself, alright?" she whispered. 

" Don't blame yourself" her words kept running on my mind, it meant so much for me. Losing my parents wasn't that easy, If I had listened to them, they'd be here right now. I lost myself ever since then. Why was I so stubborn?

The only person ever mattered to me is my little sister Erum, she's a bundle of joy and lights up my world even though I don't deserve it. It all happened a year ago...My parents wanted me to stay at home with Erum since they had to go for an urgent meeting, but I refused. I waited till they leave; put my little sister to sleep and went to the party.  It was almost 4 a.m. when I had reached home, and when I did, I was flabbergasted. My parents had got in an accident and they couldn't make it and Erum had been staying all alone in her room weeping. She was an utter mess, I pulled her for a tight hug and she kept on whimpering.  I felt so bad for not being by her side. 

It was all my fault, I wasn't there for my sister when she needed me the most and I didn't answer my parents' calls too. If I had answered, I would have been able to save them. My whole life completely changed, I raced for money and I'm working at a café close by. All I want is to keep Erum happy, every time I walk into the house, she would run up to me with a gigantic smile and ask about my day. She reminds me so much of mom, just the thought makes me smile. I miss mom so much. I should've listened to them, I sighed.

Five more minutes for the detention to end and I peeked over to find Zaroon on his phone while Raya was asleep. Why would she do that? for someone like me? did she really care? "Don't blame yourself" she said as if she could feel all my emotions at once. I was too busy watching the goddess that I didn't realize detention was over.

"Raya wake up" Zaroon nudged her. " Grr...yeah?" she grumbled and I chuckled at her doings. "Alright man, see you tomorrow." I said and Zaroon nod in reply then I looked at Raya, she looked really tired. "See you" I whispered. "Hmm? Oh yeah yeah, right." I shook my head at her and walked off, before I left  I gave a quick glance and a smile crept up my face as she looked back at me. What a day? I sighed.

-

Hello everyone! Hope you'll are doing well. How's Ramadan going so far? 

It was narrated from 'Aisha (ral) that she said: " O Messenger of Allah , what do you think I should say in my supplication , if I come upon Laylatul-Qadr?" He said: "Say Allahumma Innaka Afuwwun Tuhibbul Afwa Fa'fu Anni." - Oh Allah You are Forgiving and love forgiveness, so forgive me.

Please vote and comment:)