chapter 2 A New Majestic World

Start from the beginning

"Um......did I do something wrong?" I asked.

"No, I was just was wondering since when did my brother start offering window seats to everyone? He never did that for me."

"Anything from the trolley dears?" the trolley witch asked.

"You guys want chocolate frogs?" I asked.

"No."

They answered in unison.

"Fine, three chocolate frogs please!"

I paid for them and handed one chocolate frog to each of them. They looked at me with wide eyes.

"Come on! I know you guys can't possibly hate chocolate frogs and you have been helping me since the day I met you. This is the least I could do for you".

They smiled at me and merrily took a bite on the frog almost engulfing it in a whole. I couldn't help but laugh at them. I looked at the ginger head sitting beside me. The colour of his eyes was chocolate brown. They were so mesmerising that I could stay lost in them forever. NO! NO! NO! SNAP OUT OF IT DANIELA! I looked away from his eyes and saw the older twin looking at me curiously. OH NO! Did he just see me staring at his brother?

"Um......is there something on my face?" I asked.

"No, I just think you will be in Gryffindor." he said.

"Why?"

"Cause your face at present reflects the holy colour of Gryffindor."

Thank you Mr. Red-face-alert! I can definitely feel my face burn.

"I guess I will be a Hufflepuff. What about you guys?"

"Definitely Gryffindor!", they said in unison.

Our train ride came to an end after a few rounds of exploding snap. We came out of the train and saw a giant with long shaggy hair.

"Firs' years! Firs' years over here! Follow me." He said.

We followed him. There was a great black lake reflecting the dark sky, soon, a narrow path opened on the edge of the lake and atop a mountain a big castle was visible.

"No more'n four to a boat!" the giant called out.

I sat on a boat soon accompanied by the ginger twins and a dark-skinned boy with dreadlocks. The castle looked huge and beautiful with many towers and sparkling windows as we were approaching it. The pleasant lake had shining ripples and was glowing so brightly under the stars that it seemed as if the stars were laying on the surface of the water. As we reached our destination we followed the giant man through a tunnel and reached the castle door. The giant raised his fist and knocked on the door three times. A tall black-haired witch opened the door.

"First years follow me." She said and led us to an empty chamber of the entrance hall.

"Welcome to Hogwarts! I am Professor McGonagall. You all will be sorted into your Houses and according to them, you will have your dormitory, common room and classes. The four houses are Gryffindor, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Slytherin. Your good deeds will earn you House points while any rule-breaking will lose house points. The Sorting ceremony will soon take place. Please wait here quietly until I return."

Saying this she left the chamber making us ponder how this Sorting ceremony was going to take place. Professor McGonagall soon returned and led us into the Great Hall. She placed a four-legged stool in front of us holding a dirty hat and a roll of parchment.

"One by one you will sit on the stool and put on the hat as I call your name." She said.

"Mackenness Jacob!"

"RAVENCLAW!" the hat shouted after a moment's pause.

"Diggory Cedric!"

"HUFFLEPUFF!"

"Spinnet Alicia!"

"GRYFFINDOR!"

As the first years were being sorted, loud applause was erupting from the tables. Almost half of the students were sorted when,

"Weasley Fred!" she read out the name.

I saw the older ginger twin sat on the stool putting the hat on.

"Another Weasley? Well.....well you should definitely be in...GRYFFINDOR!" the hat yelled.

"Weasley George!"

So that was his name...George. I knew Fred was lying to me. Gred and Forge couldn't possibly be their names.

"HUH! You are his twin aren't ya? Well then be in...GRYFFINDOR!" the hat yelled.

Great! They got sorted into their favourite houses and I will most probably be a Hufflepuff so, say goodbye to your friendship with the twins.

"Bletchley Miles!"

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Montague Graham!"

"SLYTHERIN!"

"Jordan Lee!"

The dark-skinned boy who sat with us on the boat also got sorted into Gryffindor and sat beside Fred.

"Davis Roger!"

"RAVENCLAW!"

"Frost Daniela!" She called my name.

I put on the hat sitting on the stool.

"Frost is it? I remember putting your parents in the houses but where should I put you? Hufflepuff will be a nice choice but....there's something I see in you, so better be GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled.

I could not believe what I heard. I was a Gryffindor. With a big smile on my face, I sat across Fred specifically beside George.

"So Daniela huh?" asked George as he brought out his hand.

"So, George huh?" I asked as I shook his hand.

"It's nice to meet you" we said in unison.

His brown eyes were intimidating as always as we stared into each other.

"I knew you would be a Gryffindor." Fred said snapping me out from my dream world.

"You just got lucky with your prediction, anyways it's nice to meet you and you are Lee I suppose?" I asked the dark-skinned boy.

"Yeah Lee Jordan is my name nice to meet you" He said.

"And I am Fred Weasley the most charming and handsome guy in the world" He said.

"I thought that was George" I said trying hard not to laugh.

"He's after me."

"You guys are identical."

"I'm just the better twin."

We all were laughing at these comments as the sorting came to an end with Angelina Johnson and Kenneth Towler joining Gryffindor and Cassius Warrington and Adrien Pucey joining Slytherin. An old man with half-moon glasses whom I assumed to be Professor Dumbledore stood up.

"Let the feast begin!"

As soon as those words left his mouth we all dug into our food enjoying a nice meal with lots of laughter. After the feast, we went into our common room. Charlie Weasley, our house prefect and quidditch team captain as told by Fred, pointed out the staircase to the girls' dormitory. I was about to go to my dormitory when someone grabbed my wrist. It was George.

"Good night Daniela!", he said.

"Good night George!"

We parted our ways and I finally reached my dormitory which I found out was sharing with Angelina and Alicia.

"Hi! I am Daniela Frost" I introduced myself.

"Hi! I am Angelina Johnson".

"And I am Alicia Spinnet".

I had a nice talk with them and went to sleep feeling very tired. I was very excited for the next day and hoped my days at Hogwarts will be filled with joy and magic after all this beautiful little world inside Hogwarts was majestic.