Prologue: In a Galaxy Far, Far Away

Year 2005

An asteroid entered Earth's atmosphere. It wasn't particularly large or wide, but it was coming in hot. This startled Cecil Stedman back at his office at the headquarters of the Global Defense Agency. Normally, their scanners would have picked up such a phenomenon, hours earlier, but the speed it traveled was unlike anything they had ever seen. 

Cecil: Get me Omniman's ass!

Worker: Sir, he's still off fighting the queen Kraken out in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with the Guardians of the Globe. If we don't take action, I'm calculating a minute for impact in the heart of Chicago!

Cecil: Then deploy some fighter jets. That space rock isn't big enough to handle a couple of missiles. At the very least, we'll just redirect it to a mountain range in Northern Illinois to minimize casualties.

Worker: On it!

Cecil: Just my luck. And make sure to send any nearby heroes to the projected crash site.  

Agent: Yes sir!

It cut through the sky, igniting air due to the intense heat. It was going to kill a good amount of people. 

*SWISH* *SWISH*

Two fighter jets fired all their missiles into the asteroid before it passed some of the skyscrapers. However, because of the intense heat, the two planes' fuel combusted and exploded. It was all worth it, luckily. The asteroid changed trajectory from Chicago to the far north.

Agent: The closest hero is 30 miles away and he's traveling in a car. 

Cecil sighed.

Cecil: Fire up the teleporter. 

An agent, Donald, retaliated

Donald: Sir, it's still in its experimental phase- 

Cecil: I don't care. What better time to perfect it than now? 

Donald: Alright... sir. You heard the man. Get the teleporter ready! 

Immediately, dozens of scientists were at work to calibrate the dimensions of a human from the source to the exit. The largest object ever sent to this date with the teleporter was a dog.