Chapter 4- When did you get so Far?

I barely spoke to Revy today. I have to see her at the meeting soon to give a reason as to why we had to kill the leader of the Dragon Tree group. The higher ups aren't happy with what happened, we needed him alive. I interrogated the two other high profile targets we caught. They talked and said that the leader had intel on their rival mafia organization called the 'Black Lightning', supposedly information that would bring them down. Only the leader knew the information and to get it out of him I'd need a ouija board or something. If only Revy didn't kill him, but why did she do it in the first place? I can't stop thinking about it all day. The look in her eyes. Cold and unstirred yet I can't help but feel like she was suffering. That deep down, she didn't want to do it. I looked down at my watch and saw it was already 1pm; time for the meeting. "Make sure to lock them up, I might come back later to ask more questions." "Yes, sir" replied the officer before going into the interrogation room to handcuff one of them. I walked down the large echoing collider and stopped at the large door to take a breather. What do I say if they ask me to explain what happened. If I tell the truth Revy will... I'll figure it out when I'm inside. Opening the large door the council turned to look at me, but not Revy who was already sitting there. I took the seat beside her. "Investigator Royan Andres and Revy Zomaru, now that you both are here we can start the meeting. As you both are aware the Dragon Tree group is a large mafia organization and it would have been crucial to bring in the leader considering he also had some serious information about the Black Lightning. Mr. Andres, were you able to recover what information this was?" looking around at the council members awaiting my answer i replied "No. However, the nature of the information that was to be shared was going to be regarding how to bring their rival -Black Lightning group- down. The information was not shared with the 2 targets we have captured because our location was found out and they began to flee." The council looked at each other before nodding at me. "Ms. Zomaru, we are aware that you killed the leader along with the bodyguard. This was a very high profile target, was it necessary to do so." Revy looked at me while replying "Yes." "I see. Mr.Andres, we would like for you to give us your complete honesty and tell us what happened." I felt a ball form in my neck and swallowed hard. If I tell them what happened, she'll surely go to jail for at least 30 years to life. What she did was wrong, I can't let her go free but I can't let her go to jail either. I looked over at her one more time. She was looking down, as if she was ready to face what was about to happen. "She carried out her job correctly. The bodyguard was given orders to kill the leader if a situation like this ever happened, following orders he tried to kill the leader. Revy then tried to shoot the bodyguard but the leader accidently got in the way. After that, the bodyguard tried to kill us and we were forced to shoot him down too." I lied. I lied for her sake. I can't let her go to jail, I don't have it in me. "Very well then, thank you both for coming. You both may leave now." Getting up we both walked out of the meeting room. Revy tried walking past me but I caught her arm and pulled her back. "I'm tired of this Revy, just tell me what's going on. I can tell something is going on with you." She looked at me and stabbed my heart with her cold words.

"You should have told them the truth."

She pulled her arm out of my loose grasp. I started tearing up. "How can you say that knowing how I feel? I can't let them take you away like that." she stopped walking, not looking back at me once. "I'm sorry, Royan." she started walking away again. "I love you...so please, don't go away now..." she stopped slowly, obviously shocked. Her hand molded into a fist around the strap of the bag she was holding. Not saying a word, she left me there leaving me to face her back once again. I tried to stop crying but my tears just kept flowing. Wiping them with the back of my hand I walked away feeling frustrated and heartbroken. I was going to find out what's going on, even if it kills me.