Chapter 2- Memories like a Waterfall

"Hey Revy, an informant we got on the Dragon Tree group said that the leader and other high profile targets are meeting up at an abandoned shipping dock just west of Maryland city at 8pm tomorrow. Let's put together a team and bring them in" I put the papers over her keyboard and sat on the corner of the desk waiting for her to finish reading the document. When she was done scanning the papers she moved the papers and continued typing giving me a simple "I'll handle it." "What do you mean you'll handle it?" "I mean that I'll take a squad with me and bring them in, you can focus on something else" "I never knew you could make jokes Revy! Guess being around me so long kind of rubs off" she stopped typing for a brief moment before continuing and replying "I'm not joking. Just do what I'm telling you, it's for the better" she looked like she was going to faint from stress. Worried I put my hand on her shoulder "Are you ok Revy? You look really-" "I'm fine" she said, cutting me off. "I need to go to the bathroom." She got up and left me in her office. What's going on with her? She's pushing me away so much and on top she looks like she could have a nervous breakdown any second nowadays. Why won't she tell me what's wrong...We've known each other since college. Does she not trust me? I felt sick to my stomach thinking that I couldn't get Revy to trust me enough even after eleven years of friendship. Though, as soon as I started overthinking my worries went away when my eye caught the background of her laptop. It was me and her a year ago from my twenty-seventh birthday party. Both of us are smiling, laughing and drinking in the bar we always go to. I remember we both got so drunk that day we ended up kissing and I told her that I loved her. The next day when we were sober I said sorry but she told me not to worry and wrote it off to me being drunk. I wish I could tell her I wasn't lying when I said I loved her, but I'm too scared to ruin the friendship we have. Snapping out of my thoughts from the door opening and Revy walking in, I opened my mouth to say something but got cut off with her saying "Fine. Come along but just make sure you don't fool around. This is serious" "Oh come on, when have I ever fooled around on the job?" "Every single time" "That was rhetorical but fine I promise I won't this time." She looked at me and gave me a quick smile before laughing a little and saying "I'm glad that I have you around Royan." "I told you, call me Roy! And who wouldn't want a bundle of joy like me around? Before you answer that, it was a rhetorical question." "Got it."