𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐩𝐭. 2

"Don't tell me you're still thinking about that ghost girl," Miyeon said, handing me a sandwich. It's been two weeks since that encounter, and I haven't seen her again.

And yes, I told my cousin about what happened, every detail. I thought she wouldn't believe me and would think I was just imagining things, but surprisingly and thankfully, she believed me. She's truly amazing.

"Thank you, and yes, you're right. I was thinking about her, eonnie. Honestly, I miss her," I said sadly.

"Aw, my poor Soyeon, don't be sad; we never know, maybe she'll come back for you."

"She's not even mine, eonnie, why would she come back for me?" I sighed deeply. Why would she, right? I'm just a stranger, a nobody to her. Why would she waste her time on me?

"I'm confident she'll return because she has a compelling reason to do so."

Miyeon's statement made my eyebrows raise. "And what is that reason?"

"You, of course," Miyeon replied, but I simply huffed.

"You're truly in love with that girl, aren't you?"

"Is it wrong if I say yes?" I replied honestly.

"Of course not, Soyeon. It's not wrong to be in love. It-"

"Even though she's not human but a ghost?" I cut her off.

"Well, love knows no bounds. If you truly love her, go for it. No matter what she is, love is love," she said with a smile.

"But how can I say I love her when I can't even see her? She's a ghost, to be precise. We can't be together. It's impossible, and maybe she doesn't love me back. We've just met, eonnie, so it's understandable that she doesn't feel the same way."

My heart aches just thinking about it. But reality hurts.

"Don't jump to the conclusion that she doesn't reciprocate your love. We still don't know how she feels about you, so don't be negative. And finally, have faith that she will return for you," she smiled reassuringly.

"I hope you're right," I said with a forced smile. I just hope so.

"Let's go, Soy. We'll be late."

"Okay," I mumbled in reply.

Yuqi, where are you?

I miss you

Please come back...

"Goodbye, cous, just give me a call if you need someone to talk to, okay?"

"I will, eonnie. Thank you for driving me home," I said with a smile.

"No problem, cous. Take care," she said, waving at me as I waved back.

"Goodbye!" I continued waving until she drove away, leaving me with vivid memories of a certain ghost girl once again.

Before entering our home, I let out a heavy sigh. I just felt so exhausted and in need of rest