Then you felt a hand on your head. You looked up and saw the figure of a young boy, but couldn't see his face.

"Who..." You closed your eyes and passed out.

***

It was the day of the school trip. You were looking around a bamboo forest with the others.

"Wow! What a magnificent bamboo forest!" exclaimed Tohru. She was looking up at the tall, green bamboo, mesmerized by their size. "The autumn leaves are beautiful too."

"Yes, it makes me want to recite a haiku," said Hanajima.

"Please let us hear!"

"'59 was the date when Alaska and Hawaii became new states.'"

"Ain't a haiku," said Kyo.

"Wrong century," said Uotani.

"How about, 'In 1492, Columbus sailed the ocean blue?'" suggested Tohru. Kyo and Uotani were getting annoyed at the fact these weren't actually haikus.

You and Yuki just stood there half smiling.

"You know, it kind of ruins the mood coming here as a big group," said Uotani.

"You're overriding the whole point of a school trip," said Yuki.

"It's torture that I can't eat whatever I want. I want herring soba," said Hanajima.

"You sure love your food," said Kyo.

You chuckled. "To be honest, I'm glad we came here as a group," you said.

Uotani swung her arms around you and Tohru. "Then how about we come here again but just us girls?" she asked.

"Yes! Let's do that!" said Tohru.

"I would like that," said Hanajima.

"Sounds like a plan," you said.

"Hey look at those love birds. I feel like everyone's confessing to their crushes now that they're on the trip," said a guy in your class.

"I'm so jealous! I want to be confessed to too!" said another.

"Now that I think about it, why isn't Yuki being confessed to? Shouldn't he be flocked by now?" asked Uotani.

"Now that you mention it..." you looked around to see if there were any girls spying on him.

"I'm not as popular as you think, Uotani," said Yuki.

You let out a sigh of relief.

Wait. Why am I relieved? It's because I don't want to see the Prince Yuki fan club, right? Yeah, that must be it.

Suddenly, a guy tapped you on the shoulder. "Um, is it okay if I talked to you for a second?"

You were unsure whether to leave the group or not. "Sure, but try to make it quick." You followed him. Yuki looked over at you as you left.

Once you two were in an isolated area, he turned to you with a flushed face. "You know, ever since you transferred here, I began to have feelings for you. You're so nice to everyone and you have a great personality. I was just wondering if you wanted to go out with me."

"Uh, sorry. I'm going to have to decline. I appreciate it and all, but I don't really know you," you said with an apologetic smile.

The dude had a shocked look on his face. "We can always get to know each other. Or... is it because you already like someone else?"