A Pretty Bird

I woke to the raven sitting on my chest. It squawked. "Well hello to you to. You came back did you?" I pulled a cracker out of my bag. "Are you hungry?" I refrained from saying 'Polly want a cracker?'

I felt another presence. I got up as fast as I could. "Who's there?" The raven flew into the shadows. And sat on a branch. Maybe the being was scared.

"Come out. Don't be afraid. I won't hurt you."

The voice replied, smooth and dark like.
" I am not afraid."

"Then come out."

"Then you'll be afraid."

I stopped at that. Would I? But that was silly. Why was I afraid of something i haven't even saw. "No I won't "

The being stepped out of the shadows. She was tall, a bit taller then I. He cheekbones protruded and her skin was deathly white. Then I noticed something else. Her horns. It made her look magnificent.

"My name is Tristan. What's yours? "

She looked like she wanted to tell me.

"I'm not afraid. and your not afraid so you can tell me" I encouraged

"Let me help you first." She put her hand out and my leg stopped hurting. "Gee, thanks for that."

She just looked, and didn't smile.

"You said you would tell me you name"

"I did didn't I. my name is Maleficent"

This was Maleficent? She was so gentle, soft spoken. But she had also cursed the Kings daughter.

"And this is Diaval. She said motioning to the raven."

"I know you, pretty bird." the bird hopped off the branch and morphed into a man. Now I'm even more happy I didn't pull the Polly line on him. he was cute. I wonder how old he is.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading so far!!! I love feed back so comment and vote!! Hope you guys are having a great day!!
G.H.