Finally I was standing at his door, slowly bring my hand up I knocked on the door "come in" grandpa said and I slowly turned the knob with trembling hands. Peeking my head through, I looked over at him seated in his chair around the desk while staring directly at me. A smile came to his face and I smiled back.

"Hey grandpa, I missed you" I nervously said as I walked in.

"Mia I-" he was about to say when his mouth fell open. He had this shock look on his face, I bit my lip then sat down in front of him. He just sat there staring at me which made me really uncomfortable. I began staring down at the pens on his desk. I couldn't look him in the eyes. Tears filled my and I quickly wiped them away but they kept on coming.

"Mia" he said softly but I didn't spare a glance at I didn't want to see the disappointment in his eyes.

"I'm sorry grandpa, please don't get mad at me" I cried.

"Mia look at me" he said and I slowly looked up at him with tear filled eyes. "I won't get mad at you Mia, why would I?" He asked with his eyebrows raised. "You are pregnant" he said but it sounded more like a question.

"Yes I am" I whispered as I wiped my tears. "It's just that I thought you were going to be disappointed in me" I told him and he shook his head.

"I'm not Mia please don't say that, it's okay these things happen. Sometimes things happen for a reason. You should be happy that you are carrying a baby" he said.

"I am happy and I'm scared at the same time" I said and he sighed.

"It's okay to be scared but remember that we will always protect you and be there for you especially Zane" he paused "so what did Zane say?" He asked then smiled as if this part of the conversation peeked his interest.

"Um.... h- he didn't really say much, we weren't ready for a baby, and we didn't get to complete the mission that we fought so hard trying to complete h-" I was about to say when grandpa cut me off.

"Don't worry as soon a he starts going to your appointment, and buying stuff and the gender, the kicks and the best part is when the baby is born he's going to be so happy" grandpa said and I am glad he was happy about it. He was more happy than everyone else.

"Grandpa Zane hasn't spoken to me since the past three weeks" I said and his jaw clenched and unclenched.

"What do you mean Zane hasn't spoken to you is he not happy, he can't get my granddaughter pregnant then leave all the responsibility to her. I thought he was more mature than that" Grandpa said then stood up.

"Grandpa listen" I paused and he nodded then sat back down. I told him every thing from the day I met Emilio until now. I thought that he was gonna get mad a me for not telling him what Emilio did but he didn't get angry at me at all. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you all this grandpa"

"It's okay Mia cause right now I'm angry at your dad and Zane. Your father should've never hit the kid and Zane is acting like an idiot why would he get angry over something like that. You had your reason for not telling him and he decided to act like a fucking asshole. You know what I'm going over there right now" he said and I shook my head.

"No grandpa please don't" I begged and he stared at me for a while then sighed.

"Fine" he said then rolled his eyes. "In going to talk to your dad though" he said and I nodded.

"Grandpa excuse me" I said and he nodded, leaving his office I went downstairs to the kitchen. Mom was making something. I slowly walked over to the fridge then took out a bottle of water.

"Mia" she called and I looked over at her. I felt queasy as if I wanted to vomit.

"Oh god" placing my hand over my mouth I ran to the nearest bathroom. Vomiting out the content of my stomach. As soon as I was finished I flushed the toilet then wash my mouth with some Listerine. Leaving the bathroom I went back to the kitchen.

"Sit down Mia" she said and I did what she told me to. "Did you eat something this morning?" Mom asked and I shook my head.

"I'm not feeling hungry" I said, I felt so sick I just want to lie down in bed.

"Sweetheart you have to eat something, staying hungry is not good for you and the baby and you're not eating properly since the past few days" she scolded me and I sighed. "I'm making you something delicious and I want to see you eat every single thing" she said and I nodded then rest my head on the island.

"When is your next appointment?" Mom asked.

"Next week" I simply said and. She nodded. I can't believe I'm almost 4 months pregnant. I hated the fact that I had to be going through these symptoms especially the vomiting and my nipple hurts sometimes.

"Caterina is coming over today with her baby" she said and I nodded then smiled.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

THANKS FOR READING

PLEASE COMMENT

AND VOTE 🕯