Chapter 10

@I can't believe I'm on chapter 10!!! I hope you guys enjoy this one.

Chapter 10

I stood there looking into his eyes. The only person that gave me hope over the years. The only person I cried for at night. I thought I would never see him again. I took a step toward him.. and he ran to me. When he reached me, his small arms wrapped around my torso while my arms hugged his head.

After a few seconds, he looked up at me and smiled. My stomach flipped at the sight. What happened next caught me off guard. He started talking.. and he wouldn't shut up.

"Oh my goodness, mommy! I've been waiting for you to come. I knew you would come one day! They always told me stuff about you and showed me pictures. I look a lot like you! They say I act like you too. I love sweets just like you did! John gives me ice cream at night too!..." My tears started flowing as soon as he started talking. He finally shut up when I pulled him into one of my death hugs. My baby.. I have my baby back.

"Mommy... Mommy, I can't breathe." I quickly loosened my grip. Oops! "Sorry baby." I had the stupidest grin stuck on my face.

"Mom guess what!" He was talking with so much excitement. Yeah he was just like me with the sugar..

"What?"

"Gram calls me baby sweets!" He took a second to think. "Mommy! Have you seen gram yet? She will be so happy you're here!"

I thought the room was quiet before but now it seemed like nobody was breathing. What do I tell him? How do I tell him?

"Did you?" When i didn't asnwer, he said "What's wrong?" I looked down at his innocent face and it tore me up inside that I was about crush his little spirit.

After taking a deep breath, I took one of his hands and guided him to the couch. We sat down, with him facing forward while I faced him.

I heard Saydon take a deep breath, then he came over and hugged Ashton. Then he placed a hand on my knee and gave me a look that probably meant he was giving me support. I appreciated it, but I was happy when it was over. He and Megan then made their way out of the room. Megan shooting a supporting smile of her own.

Trent didn't leave. I was expecting him to but I'm kind of glad he didn't. He sat behind me on the couch. "I'll be right here behind you."

He was so supportive, it made me want to cry. I noticed his eyes were a bit glossy. We definitely need to talk later; this must be a little crazy for him. It's definitely driving me nuts.

I turned my full attention to Ashton, who was looking at me expectantly. With a sigh, I asked "Ashton, you know Gram was sick right?" He nodded. "She's been sick for a while right?" He nodded again. "When people are sick for a long time, they may never get better." I sat there and waited for him to say something.

He furrowed his eyebrows. "So.. Gram.. passed away?" I slowly nodded my head in confirmation, then he buried his face in my chest and hugged me. I rubbed his back soothingly when I felt his shoulders start shaking. My tears started to flow again also. I continued to comfort Ashton as Trent comforted me.

A couple minutes passed and he calmed down. I lifted his head so that he was looking at me, moved his hair from his eyes and wiped his stray tears away. "It's okay because we know she loved us all." He nodded in agreement. "And Ashton..." He looked up at me and I smiled. "I love you..SO much." He smiled back and I placed a kiss on his forehead.

Then I moved around on the couch until I was laying down with my head near Trent's leg, pulling Ashton down with me and letting him cuddle up to me. I brushed his hair from his face once again and placed multiple kisses all over it. He giggled. "I love you too Mommy." He was asleep within 3 minutes.

It felt like I was in a dream or something. There I was, laying down with my baby as he slept peacefully. I was way off the happiness meter, despite the circumstances. After wishing to touch his face for so long, I finally get to. It feels like I'm starting to live again.

I was taken from my daydreaming when I felt Trent tuck some hair behind my ear. I moved my eyes from the back of the couch to meet his gaze. We didn't say anything. He just grazed his thumb across my cheek a few times.

I thought he was going to stay silent but then he asked "How about we go out when he wakes up?"

I smiled at the offer. "Where?"

"Anywhere you two want to go. This is your time to bond and make up for lost time. I'm just a standby."

What? "You are not a standby!" I whisper yelled so I didn't wake Ashton.

"Then what am I?"

I paused. What was he? What could I call him. He definitely wouldn't be a standby because he has done so much for me and we've gone through too much together. Which is insane since I've known him for barely three days. "I don't know what you are exactly but you're..." I looked up at his face...his beautiful face. "...you're ....important."

He looked shocked at first but the happiness took over and he smiled down at me. "I'm so glad you think so. Here I was thinking I was getting my hopes up."

"No sir." With that, he bent down and gave me a sweet soft kiss. After that, we just relaxed, enjoying each other's presence.

I felt Aston stir in my arms. I looked down at him and in a few seconds, he moved his head to smile up at me. He was so adorable with sleepy eyes. "Hey baby."

"Hey mom." He lifted his head up and looked around. He spotted Trent and looked at him questioningly then looked at me. "Mom who is this?"

I looked up at Trent and he smiled at me. "This is Trent. He came with me."

"Oh.." Ashton looked down then looked back up at me. "Is he your boyfriend?"

I automatically smiled at his question. "I'll let you decide after today." I sent a smirk toward Trent and said "Where do you want to go?"

Ashton looked a bit confused. "We're going out? Today?"

"Yeah. Trent wants to take us out so we can bond and have fun together."

My son said "Cool! Let's go get ice cream!" and the plan was set. It was nice knowing me and my son thought alike. I haven't had ice cream in days!

"Let's get ready to go!"

@Thank you so much for reading! I would absolutely LOVE some votes and comments! I hope you loved it as much as I do!!