•Chapter- 33•

Start from the beginning

It made me feel emotions I couldn't explain. The fact that my presence, the mere sight of me effected him a great deal? It......touched me.

The next moment he dashed towards me and hugged me so tight I couldn't breath but I let him. He just hugged me inhaling gulps of air and I just held him.

"I am so sorry" was the first thing I said as he pulled back and he looked at me in confusion. I cleared my throat explaining it to him.

"I am so sorry for pushing you to tell me. I honestly didn't figure it out that what I asked could be associated with the past you talked about. I just wanted to know your friend, that best friend Ma told me about with whom you were an entirely different person. That's all. I didn't realise I was pushing and triggering you to this extent. I am so sorry Advaith I would never do that" I said with a lot of remorse.

His face morphed into a soft expression and he sighed hugging me closer to him.

"How can you even be real babygirl?" He muttered into my hair and I frowned in confusion.

He pulled back and took me to the couch and made me sit on his lap.

"I......you shouldn't be the one apologising. I should be the one apologising. I shouldn't have raised my voice at you. You deserve to know things about me and I kept you in dark till now but I think it's time I tell you about my past.......

Karan Ahuja, that fucker.....he was my best friend.......we knew each other since we even knew the world. He was.......everything to me and Sohail. We were inseparable until that bitch happened" he said with gritted teeth. I can practically feel the rage radiating off him and massaged his hair with my fingers. He sighed and continued.

"Karan, Sohail and I studied in the same University in Los Angeles and we stayed together throughout. In our third year he met this transfer student Riya Saxena who had him smitten. Little did he know how she is. I never really liked her. She............used him....to get to me. And I got to know about it only later. I was......always a kid who used to study a lot and in between us three I was the studious one. I didn't used to go out to parties much. Sohail and Karan are the sociable ones. I though always had a knack for bike racing and alway used o be the top racer in street. Riya apparently wanted me....she wanted to seduce me and sleep with me or date me or whatever but since I didn't show any interest in girls she used Karan to get closer to me. She acted as this naive innocent girl which I knew she was not. I warned Karan to stay away from her but he was too far gone. I tried to be as supportive as I can. Riya started making advances at me at one point and I couldn't take it an lashed out on her one day. She used that against me infront of Karan and he and I had a huge fight. We made up later but that's just the beginning. Riya's ego got hurt when I wasn't going into her so she used my best friend to hurt me. She would create instances where it seems like I was badmouthing about her and that would send Karan into rage" he said and sighed for a bit before continuing.

"Karan......I was hurt he would believe her over me but then again she was the first girl he loved. His mother passed away at a young age and his mother always, always told him stories about true love. He believed in them and always wanted that one person he would cherish. He thought Riya was that one clearly she isn't. One day Riya made a scene as to how I was inappropriately touching her and Karan walked in on us at that moment. I thought he misunderstood the situation but then he defended me saying I would never do that...." Advaith said smiling at the last part where his friend defended him.