His sons attempted to staunch Aelin's fire and it didn't even sputter. Faced with the full force of the Autumn court, Aelin wasn't even the slightest bit cowed. I thanked the cauldron I was sitting down, because I should not be hard right now. Mor would bitch me the fuck out if she could see the tent that I was currently pitching. Beron nodded with the terrifying realization that Aelin could kill him here and now, and there was nothing he could do to stop it.

Suddenly, the flames were gone, and Aelin was just smirking with utter irreverence. The fae from the other courts were gasping as they caught their breath, but ours remained stoic, having been spared the worst of her flames. I wasn't ashamed at the utter pride and smugness I felt in being affiliated with Aelin at this moment. She was fierce and powerful, a true warrior goddess. Her gaze was sharp when she addressed Helion, "Now that that little misconception is cleared up, I would love to know why you felt this little reveal couldn't wait."

Helion laughed freely, something I'd never seen him do in company of the other High Lords, and I fixed my gaze on him a little more firmly. Why the fuck did Aelin have to enchant everyone she met? He smirked at her, purring, "You are just as delectable as I thought you would be Aelin Galathynius." She raised an eyebrow at him, thankfully unimpressed. He continued, slightly more seriously, "A seer in my court saw your entrance into this world, and that you would be our only hope in defeating the threat of Hybern. I figured it would beneficial to our planning if we were all aware of what an asset you will be in this conflict."

Reluctantly, I understood his point. Aelin wasn't just another powerful fae in a room full of them. She transcended us, and could easily be our savior or our ruination. She was already both to me.

Mor

I watched Aelin's face closely as she considered Helion's words. I knew she didn't truly understand this, but I already considered her family. Her strength and inherent goodness after all she had been through had won my loyalty, and her snark and comedic nature had made her one of my favorite people. Sure, her goodness wasn't the typical sort, and no one would ever call her a saint, but the core of her being was so pure it almost hurt. Her greatest concern was always for those weaker than her.

My heart had fractured for her when she told me her fears around telling the males about the mate bonds. She had been so broken that she didn't realize how deeply in love with her those four already were. I doubted she even realized that after just a few hours half the High Lords were nearly in love with her too. She was this beautiful, enchanting, dangerous flame that tempted anyone and everyone. She was the sister to my heart, and if she decided to destroy the entire leadership of Prythian over this little slip, I would be behind her completely and help her sweep up the ashes afterwards.

It didn't seem like that would be the case when Aelin drawled, "Well now that everyone is aware, how about we get back to planning a war?" I almost snorted. Leave it to Aelin to overlook the reveal, as if her existence wasn't world altering to every fae here. Hell, we didn't even have shifting in the way she and Rowan could, let alone a half fae with that kind of power.

The other High Lords clearly weren't going to let it go, and Tarquin cleared his throat and asked, "Did you just say entrance into this world, Helion? I think we would all like a bit of a more thorough explanation."

Aelin blew out a long breath, exasperated by this conversation already apparently. I couldn't help the smirk that teased my mouth. She didn't know just how incredibly she was to the fae of this realm. Rhys, sensing her distress, jumped in smoothly, explaining, "Aelin is from another world, which used to be a part of ours. She fell through a portal into the Night Court, and has graciously offered her assistance in our coming conflict. She also offers invaluable knowledge about the truth of Hybern and his armies. That is all the information anyone needs." He sent out a glare to the other High Lords, they didn't look happy exactly, but they did seem to accept that as a response.