7. ☁🌺

Suggested by svasquez76104

7.

Hisoka was staring at his phone, the lights turned off as he looked through his old texts with Illumi. The assassin was sent on an extra long mission and he had been gone for the past two weeks. Illumi was supposed to have returned 4 days ago… 

The magician sighed as he thought about it and carried on scrolling through his phone, finally ending up at their last messages to each other. 

Hisoka
So, when do you think you'll back?

Illu-chan~ 💞🌹
I'd say about 2 days from now.
Do you miss me that much?

Hisoka
Of course I do… 

Illu-chan 💞🌹
Oh, alright then.

Hisoka
IIlu, you're so mean 😢

Illu-chan 💞🌹
Don't worry, I miss you too, Soka
last seen: 6 days ago

Hisoka exited the chat and began going through his contacts, before clicking on one and listening as his phone rang. The redhead waited patiently for the call to be answered as he stared out of the window, his mind travelling back to how much he missed Illumi.

"Hello?" A young voice answered with a small yawn. 

"Hey, Killua. Sorry for bothering you so late but…" Hisoka paused before releasing a deep sigh. "Have you heard from Illumi lately? He was supposed to have come back four days ago but he's not even answering my calls…"

There was a long pause and a small shuffle as Killua sat up in bed. "What do you mean, he's not back from his mission? He should've completed it at least a week ago."

Those words are what brought a huge sinking feeling in Hisoka's stomach and he anxiously pursed his lips. "So, something is wrong?" The young Zoldyck hummed in agreement. "Well, shouldn't we go out and find him? I mean, what if Illumi's gotten hurt or worse? What if—"  

"Hisoka will you calm down?" Killua's tired voice made the magician keep quiet. "My brother is going to be fine, he'd never let anything happen to himself. Besides, I don't think he'd appreciate us going out to help him. Aniki prefers to work alone on these types of things."

"Yes, I know," Hisoka replied, speaking from his own experience of working with the assassin. 

Killua could hear the sadness in the older male's tone and sighed as he raked a hand through his hair. "Okay, look…" he paused in order to find the right words. "We'll give my brother two more days and if he's not back by then I'll help you look for him. Just… have a little faith in him, okay?"

The magician pursed his lips in thought then sighed. "Fine, 2 more days but that's it." 

♦♣♦

Illumi woke up with a groan, hearing a loud ringing in his head then realising that it was his phone. He opened his dark eyes and saw his phone sitting on a table not far from him, then the assassin tried to reach for it, only to realise that his arms were bound to a chair. 

Oh yes, I've been kidnapped, Illumi remembered as he looked around the dark room.

"I see you're finally awake," a deep voice said from somewhere in the dark room and tried to focus on the source of it. A tall man wearing a dark suit stepped out of the shadows, his dark hair slicked back and an evil grin on his face. 

Illumi tried to recognise this mysterious man but he'd never seen his face before. "Am I supposed to know you?" 

The question made the man scowl in anger as he neared the assassin who was looking at him with a bored expression. "It would make your situation better if you did because you, of course, are the one who killed my boss." 

"You'll need to elaborate on that because I've killed ma—" He was cut off by the man angrily banging his fist on the table. 

"That is the problem with you Zoldycks! None of you ever consider the effects that your murders have on other people. So, I want your family to experience what it feels like to lose one of their own." Illumi just stared at him boredly before his eyes turned to his phone that had started ringing on the small table. The man picked it up with a raised brow before chuckling to himself. "Boyfriend, huh? Does he know that you've gotten yourself captured? Or maybe you want me to tell him?"

The assassin suddenly glared at him, the anger bubbling in his chest. "What exactly do you want from me?" He asked as he stealthily began to loosen the restraints around his wrists. 

"I want you to suffer the most painful of deaths."

"Try your worst." 

♦♣♦

Hisoka attempted to call Illumi's phone one last time but to no avail. The assassin just wasn't picking up. 

He had waited two days like Killua had told him to but he just couldn't wait anymore. He had to go out and look for Illumi. Hisoka picked up a jacket and hurriedly put it on before marching towards the door of his apartment. 

He's okay. He's okay. He's okay. He's okay... The magician kept reassuring himself as he finally swung the door open, only to freeze as he saw a familiar head of black hair. They stared at each other for what seemed like hours, Illumi finally dropping his left arm to his side after lifting it up to knock on the door, his other arm securely sitting in a sling. 

"Oh, I didn't realise you were going out. Sorry I'm back so late, as you can see I got into a bit of trouble," he stated while gently lifting up his injured arm. Hisoka just blankly stared at him, not knowing what to do as the man he was so worried about was finally standing right in front of him. Illumi felt awkward under that tense gaze and looked away briefly before being pulled into a tight embrace, the assassin blushing as Hisoka buried his face in the crook of his neck. "Are you… feeling alright?" 

The question only caused the magician to squeeze their bodies closer together. "I was so worried about you…" he mumbled into Illumi's shoulder, making the other frown. 

"Well, I would have called you but the person who captured me stepped on my phone, now the entire screen is broken. I'll have to get a new one tomorrow," the assassin noted absently.

It took Hisoka a while to process those casual words before pulling away from Illumi with a confused frown. "Captured…? What happened while you were gone?" 

A crease formed between the assassin's brows as he seemed to think about the events of the past 2 days. "Well, I went on my mission and killed my target then I got kidnapped by someone who used to work for my past targets. But I managed to kill them and escape in the end as you can see." Hisoka sighed in reply at the end of his explanation and pulled him into a hug for a second time. "Hisoka…" 

"Let… let me just hold for a little while." 

"Okay," Illumi whispered with a pink blush. 

♦♣♦

It's a mess but I tried 😭