"Do you want me to put it on your stomach for you?" He sighed.

"I'm so sleepy." She mumbled softly.

"That's because you had a full bottle of liquor last night and then you had a cake. And then, -" he lifted her hand that was on her stomach, "- you couldn't sleep because the sheets were ruined."

She sighed and closed her eyes, turning her face to a side. Azriel put the heating pad on her stomach and returned to his full height. The sunlight falling on her was blocked by his shadow and he curled his hand into a fist when it itched to trace the arch of her collarbone or the dip of her waist.

He watched the calmness on her face and the slow rise and fall of her chest. Her lips parted slightly and the wind blew her hair back from her forehead.

He counted his breath, "I'll go outside when I reach ten and not come here until she is gone." He said to himself.

He forgot to count after six.

He finally blinked and looked towards the door when he heard some movement from downstairs. He slowly moved backwards towards the window and pulled the curtains closer so she wouldn't be woken up by the sudden light after he moved. Then, he went downstairs.

"Did Daggerheart sleep well?" Cassian asked and both him and Morrigan looked at him expectedly.

"Not particularly. She was sick." He avoided their eyes. "She's sleeping now but we'll have to ask Rhys to come here."

"Why?" Morrigan frowned and moved her food around her plate.

Azriel explained their argument yesterday and they all fell silent.

"She isn't wrong." Cassian finally said.

Morrigan nodded gravely, "We should've known better." She looked at her untouched food. "It was a mistake on our part."

Then Cassian asked, "Why didn't you tell her she's your mate?"

Azriel raised his eyebrows, "She would have burnt this entire place down. Besides, she has enough on her plate as it is. Let her grieve."

His brother nodded, "Yes. I don't think this is quiet the right time to deliver this blow."

They ate in silence and then, Morrigan offered to bring Rhysand herself. "I will tell him about everything so he knows how to handle this."

"That would be good." Cassian agreed. "We can never be prepared enough to deal with that one." His eyes went towards Azriel's room.

With this, Morrigan left.

Azriel found Daggerheart slouching by the bed when he came back. "Do you want me to bring your breakfast here?" He asked.

"No." She sighed. "I'm not hungry. Where is your High Lord?"

"He is on his way." Azriel informed her. "Lay down for a while."

"Spymaster?" She said with her face turned away. "I will not be merciful with what I demand. I hope you know that."

"I do." He said. He knew he would deserve every wound for his foolish mistake. They had left the girl who had laughed with him and tried to tie his wings together in the kitchen.

"Good." She straightened her back.

By the time Rhysand came, She was seated on a couch in the hall and he sat down opposite to her.

"I would ask you how your stay was but I don't think I want to know the answer." He said, taking one good look at her cold, collected expression.

"No." She held her chin high. "I don't think anyone here will."

Morrigan stood by Cassian's side and Azriel noticed something pass between them. He didn't have the time to ask them what was going on before Daggerheart spoke again.

"I hope you know why you are here."

"Yes." Rhysand nodded once.

"Is there anything you can say to make the situation better?" She cocked an eyebrow.

They all knew there was nothing they could say. "No. It was a mistake on our part and I'm ready to take the full responsibility."

Then, Daggerheart smiled and Azriel's felt his heart sinking to his stomach and sitting there like a rock.

"And what will I ever do with your sense of responsibility?" She shrugged.

"Whatever you want, I am ready to do it." Rhysand folded his arms in front of himself.

Azriel almost objected to that when Daggerheart's lips spread into a slash of red. "Give me your spymaster as a prisoner."

Azriel's ears rang but he kept a neutral expression. Then, he saw something flicker in Rhysand's eyes. Almost as if he had said them out loud, he understood the words.

If you won't do it, I will make you.

Rhysand sat straighter, "Of course. He is yours. Do with him whatever pleases you."