28

"i need to make it all right. but what do i do? i should have told dad and papa, everything, on my own. what have i done? ughh," seungmin groaned, aggressively shaking his head that rested on the tender skin of his soft palms, with his slightly bent fingers brushing over his puffy eyes which he had tightened in frustration, trying to push away all the thoughts that were crowding his mind, visibly spreading a pathetic feeling through his gut.

his throat wanted to scream out the lump within; letting all sorts of voices to leave his soul; all the way from his hurting chest, passing through his now, sensitively fragile gut, falling out, harshly from between the soft pink lips, in a scream's disguise.

the boy knew he wanted to- scratch that. he knew he needed to calm down to think wisely and take proper decisions on what his next move should be.

he leaned to the side, opening his window that rested next to his desk. letting his veins pierce through his smooth forehead while many of his facial muscles contracted, he stretched his lips apart. the young boy's veins and muscles popped out like that of a huge beast and his muscular neck no longer, showed signs of his usual innocent, young self.

as a loud, pain-filled voice came growling out of the boy's widened mouth, echoing through the infinite before vanishing into thin air, time appeared to slowed down. each second seemed to be spreading a certain relaxation through his body in a slow and steady manner while the cold, night wind genttly brushed his fluffy hair and jerked the water beads out of his eyelashes, softly fondling his tear-stained cheeks, letting calmness flow through his veins.

with his voice trailing off, audible breaths began filling the dimly lit ambience of the room that shone under the golden lamp.

the teenager sat back straight in his chair, resting his hands on the desk; gently loosening his puckered eyelids, enough to smoothen the tough folds on the swollen skin, still letting his slightly moist lashes fondle with his cheeks that stood decorated with the long path of dry tears running all the way, down to the chin where both the tear streams seemed to have merged.

his chest rose, letting a sufficient volume of air enter his body. he felt his nerves relax with the feeling of some sort of calmness leading the dispersal of a certain relaxation flow through his insides.

guiding his right hand to his chest, caressing it, the teenager mumbled, "it's all okay, seungmin. everything is gonna be okay, hmm? calm down. it's all well," and steadied his breathing.

◇◇◇

the two men laid in bed with the younger one resting his head on the elder's chest as his eyes stared into nothingness with his small fingers playing with the button of his husband's shirt. the elder male's gaze held its focus undiverted from the ceiling while the fingers of his hand which laid below the younger's head, danced across the feline man's soft locks, gently playing with them while his other hand stood softly wrapped around the minho's slim waist.

"i never knew we would drift apart from our kids like this." a hoarse voice broke the unplanned silence. "i always thought that the weekend sports days and the eventual karoake nights would bring us all together but now... now, i guess, all that those fun times brought with them were nothing but momentary enjoyable moments... the moments that actually ate up the time we could have spent with our kids... with our family... talking and getting closer... letting them know we are here for them... always were, forever will be..." chan muttered in a dry, throaty voice full of bleakness which shattered minho's heart evertime it flowed out of his mouth.

the shorter quickly hugged the elder tightly. "i know chan... but we can still make it better... you always say that, right? please, don't get so worried... it hurts seeing you like this..." minho's voice cracked as another water droplet found it's path down his cheek, wetting the dried traces of tears from earlier, before trickling onto the elder's shirt leaving behind a small wet patch.