"Yeah that's good. Let's see what costumes we can find and then you can see what face paint you can do" Ross smiles and the rest of the lads nod in agreement.

Hours later you found yourself in Manchester in the Arndale browsing the shops in search for the perfect costume. You didn't necessarily all want to go as something scary but if you weren't doing anything scary, you wanted to do something you needed to put some sort of effort into.

But maybe it wasn't the year for that and you'd have to do something like that when you were all older. You were half sure you each had a £20 note and maybe at a push one of you had an extra £5.

You were only 14 years old afterall, there weren't many ways you could get more money without begging your parents for it. And none of you were like that.

So you were all in one of the pop up shops browsing the abundance of costumes that the shop had to offer when you and Ross saw exactly what you could go as. You both paused, looked at each other and when the grin broke out on both of your faces, you had to shout the others over.

"Guys" You shout, and when they turn around to look at you, you wave them over. "I've got an idea"

That year you ended up going as a green ghost and the lads went as the ghostbusters. It was really fun and the pictures that you all took were all hilarious.

You'd attended one of your friends house parties and it was such a fun night. That was one of the first nights you'd got properly drunk and there was a photo of Ross almost having to pick you up and put you over his shoulder because you'd passed out and needed to get home.

You didn't remember getting home, but apparently he and George helped you back. Something which you were grateful to them for, but didn't remember.

All you could picture from the night before was having a great time with your mates and to you that meant that you wouldn't change anything about it.

~*~*~*~ 2006 ~*~*~*~

This year, Halloween was going to be a little more difficult. You desperately wanted to go as characters from your favourite Halloween film, The Nightmare Before Christmas, but you needed one of the boys to be your Jack Skellington.

Last year you all went as the Power Rangers and you painted the masks onto each of your faces. You were the pink one, George was blue, Matty was red, Ross was black, and Adam was green.

The year before that you'd been tasked with putting your creativity to the test and you'd made really gruesome facial wounds with makeup and a wax that would stay on all your faces. You'd been really proud of it because all five of you got compliments all night and all the boys said it was your handy work.

However, you knew that this year was going to be different. You obviously wanted your Jack Skellington, but you didn't think you were going to find yourself one.

Unfortunately at the age of 17 you hadn't yet found yourself a boyfriend. You weren't the only one so you weren't that fussed, but that just meant it would be harder for you to persuade one of your friends to be the other half of your 'couple' costume.

And you knew how stubborn these boys were. You knew that this year Matty and George wanted to go as Shaggy and Scooby.

Adam and his girlfriend wanted to go as Gomez and Moticia, so Adam was out of the question. So that meant that you only had one option left.

So you'd gone round to Ross' house under the pretence of a movie night with him, to ask him if he would dress up with you. But you when you did you were half way through your second film and he was having none of it.